Monde Selection is an annual non-competitive award open to food, drinks, and cosmetics products, created in 1961. It is run by the commercial company, International Institute for Quality Selections, Brussels, Belgium. Consumer products are tasted and tested in order to grant them a quality label awarded by the "International Quality Institute".
Monde Selection states that "This bronze, silver, gold or grand gold quality label can be compared to the quality stars of a hotel or those of the Michelin Guide." However, whilst both processes are anonymous, Michelin chooses the hotels and restaurants it reviews and pays for everything. Only products who pay the Euro 1,100 entry fee are reviewed by Monde Selection. Unlike Olympic gold, silver and bronze medals, where only one of each is awarded per event, there are no limits to how many can be awarded in each category.
For the 2014 selection, the entry fee is 1,150 Euro per product (100 Euro discount for third product onwards in the same category), and samples have to be shipped DDP (Delivered Duty Paid).
All products with a minimum score of 60% receive an award: Bronze for an average between 60% and 69%, Silver for 70%-79%, Gold for 80-89%, Grand Gold for 90-100%. In addition, there are trophies for consecutive years of high quality.
In 2015, 2595 of the 2952 participating products (87.9%) received an award. More than half received a score of Gold or Grand Gold. 
80% of the products entered by Japanese companies received an award.
Owing to strict regulations towards cosmetics products in Euro zone, awards relating to cosmetics products are mostly granted to Japanese companies.
- "Monde Selection 2015". AOTEA Pacific Ltd. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- Monde Selection ,2010
- 台灣之光Venus Skin維納斯美妝獲世界品質評鑑大賞金、銀大獎
- "Monde Selection : Our Mission". Retrieved 2013-01-16.
- Monde Selection - Participation documents 2013 - AL - UK.pdf
- N. du Parc Locmaria (2011), Monde Selection: Fifty years in the service of quality products, Seraphine Graphics
- "Monde Selection : Statistics 2015". Retrieved 2015-11-24.
- Nikkei MJ 2008 November 14th issue.