Armando Thomas “Mondo” Guerra (born June 6, 1978) is a Mexican-American fashion designer who finished as runner-up on Season 8 of Project Runway, and later won the series' first season of "Project Runway: All Stars". Mondo also came out to be HIV positive on the show.
Guerra was on the eighth season of Project Runway, aired in 2010. After placing in the top, but not winning, on a number of challenges, then placing in the bottom but not being eliminated in the seventh (Resort Wear Challenge) episode, he won the challenges on the eighth (Jacqueline Kennedy Challenge), ninth (L’Oreal Makeup Challenge) and tenth (HP Pattern Challenge) episodes.
During the tenth challenge, he revealed to the judges that his pattern of bright, bold plus signs on a pant was inspired by his HIV+ status, and that he had been keeping his HIV status a secret for ten years. He also won $20,000 for the ninth challenge, which involved both a “couture” look and a “ready-to-wear” look.
Project Runway Executive Producer Heidi Klum (who had pushed for Guerra to win over Jones in a lengthy  split debate over the winner) appeared in a modified version of one of Guerra's final collection gowns for the Los Angeles premiere of the movie Black Swan a few weeks after the airing of the final episode.
Other Notable Work
On November 30, 2010, Guerra appeared with Liza Minnelli, Kenneth Cole and Cheyenne Jackson on the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange to ring the opening bell and usher in World AIDS Day.
Also in commemoration of World AIDS Day, he designed a limited edition of T-shirts, one with a Day of the Dead sugar skull and one with a tree of life. These shirts were sold on Piperlime.com starting at midnight on December 1, 2010. For each shirt sold, $20 was donated to amfAR. In his statement to Fox News Latino for his motivations in doing this, he said, "“The Day of the Dead is celebration of our loved ones who have passed. When I was thinking of World Aids day I wanted to create something very true to who I am, and what I know. Who I've known and miss and those people in my life that still fight this disease. It’s about love and continuation.” 
- Designer Mondo Guerra plans to make a splash as Denver's first contestant on Project Runway - Page 1 - News - Denver - Westword
- Ostrow: Denver's reality designer basks in limelight - The Denver Post
- "'Project Runway' Fan Favorite Andy South Now Living as a Woman - Red Carpet - Power Stylists - HollywoodReporter.com
- "Project Runway" Season 8 Declares a Winner - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News
- Tim Gunn: Heidi Asked Me To Tell Other Judges To Vote For Mondo (VIDEO)
- EXCLUSIVE: Mondo Guerra on Designing a Dress for Heidi Klum in Just One Day! – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com
- George W. Bush Has Some ‘Friendly Advice’ for Congress on World AIDS Day - Daily Intel
- `Runway' designer does T-shirts for World AIDS Day - SFGate
- Mondo Commemorates World AIDS Day with, Um, Skulls - Fox News Latino
- Official website
- Project Runway on MyLifetime.com
- Interview with Poz-I-Am Radio
- Interview with The Body Magazine