|Comune di Mondolfo|
Mondolfo within the Province of Pesaro-Urbino
|Province||Pesaro e Urbino (PU)|
|Frazioni||Marotta, Molino Vecchio, Ponterio, Sterpettine, Centocroci, Valle del Pozzo|
|• Total||22.82 km2 (8.81 sq mi)|
|Elevation||144 m (472 ft)|
|Population (31 December 2017)|
|• Density||630/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Mondolfo is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Pesaro e Urbino in the Italian region Marche, located about 35 kilometres (22 mi) northwest of Ancona and about 25 kilometres (16 mi) southeast of Pesaro, on the Adriatic Sea.
Human presence is testified by remains from as early as the Neolithic Age. However, the first stable settlement appeared starting from the early 11th century, around a Byzantine castle existing here in the 6th-7th centuries.
- Church of San Gervasio
- Sant'Agostino church (1586–93) and convent (17th century)
- Santa Giustina church (completed around 1760)
- San Sebastiano (1479), housing the Ceccarini altarpiece
- Church of San Giovanni (17th century)
- Palazzo Giraldi Della Rovere (16th century)
- Palazzo Peruzzi (16th century)
- Sanctuary of the Madonna delle Grotte (1682)
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mondolfo.|