|Area||4.42 sq mi (11 km2)|
|- land||4.42 sq mi (11 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||943.3 / sq mi (364 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Monee, Illinois|
Plans for a new Metra station on 2nd Avenue are undergoing studies. In 2016, the River Valley Metro will begin making stops here as well as in nearby Peotone. A proposed Pace bus route will run from the University Park Metra station to the new station.
Monee is located at (41.418933, -87.745793).
According to the 2010 census, Monee has a total area of 4.42 square miles (11.45 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,939 people, 1,204 households, and 872 families residing in the village. The population density was 243.3 people per square mile (364.2/km²). There were 21,271 housing units at an average density of 410.0 per square mile (158.3/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 93.88% White, 2.12% African American, 0.07% Native American, 0.44% Asian, 1.88% from other races, and 1.61% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.04% of the population.
There were 1,204 households out of which 26.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.4% were married couples living together, 6.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.5% were non-families. 21.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.43 and the average family size was 2.83.
In the village the population was spread out with 21.5% under the age of 18, 6.2% from 18 to 24, 34.6% from 25 to 44, 22.1% from 45 to 64, and 15.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 101.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 99.7 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $58,625, and the median income for a family was $64,960. Males had a median income of $46,604 versus $33,750 for females. The per capita income for the village was $27,687. About 2.7% of families and 3.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.9% of those under age 18 and 4.7% of those age 65 or over.
The village of Monee falls within the 201-U school district of Will County and utilizes the Crete-Monee High School facility in conjunction with the towns of University, Park Forest and Crete. The High School recently built a new facility; the old high school is now used for sixth grade.
- Haines, Elijah Middlebrook (1888). The American Indian (Uh-nish-in-na-ba): The Whole Subject Complete in One Volume : Illustrated with Numerous Appropriate Engravings. Unigraphic. p. 335.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. U.S. Government Printing Office. p. 211.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2015-12-19.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2014". Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.