|Industry||Bank Payment Processing|
|Founded||Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 2000|
|Angela Brown - President & CEO |
|Parent||RBC Royal Bank
BMO Bank of Montreal
Moneris Solutions is Canada’s largest processor and acquirer of debit and credit card payments. Moneris was established in December 2000 as a joint investment between RBC Royal Bank and BMO Bank of Montreal. The company is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario and has a contact centre in Sackville, New Brunswick. Moneris’ U.S. operations (formerly known as Harris Bank Merchant Services/The Charge-It-System) are based in Schaumburg, Illinois.
2007 – Became one of the first acquirers in Canada to be certified by Interac Association, MasterCard and VISA to deliver EMV technology
2008 – Acquired Keycorp Canada, one of the largest providers of POS support services
- "Moneris Solutions - Corporate History". Archived from the original on 2008-04-04. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "Minister Of Finance, Mayor Of Sackville And Moneris Solutions CEO Open New Sackville Contact Centre". Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "Moneris Solutions - About Us". Retrieved 2009-02-16.
- "Moneris Solutions to Acquire Loyalty Program Specialist Ernex Marketing Technologies". Business Wire. 2003-10-29. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "Moneris Solutions demonstrates Canada's first Visa certified chip transaction". Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "Payment provider Moneris Solutions processes Canada's first Interac Online transaction". Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "Moneris Solutions delivers convenient and secure payment processing to Canadians through fully certified chip technology". Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "Moneris Solutions Announces Strategic Acquisition of Keycorp Canada Inc.". Retrieved 2008-08-28.[dead link]