Monet No. 257
|Rural Municipality of Monet No. 257|
|Formed||December 13, 1909|
|• Reeve||Duncan Campbell|
|• Governing body||RM of Monet No. 257 Council|
|• Administrator||Meghan Nickason|
|• Office location||Elrose|
|• Land||1,591.7 km2 (614.6 sq mi)|
|• Density||0.3/km2 (0.8/sq mi)|
|• Summer (DST)||CST|
|Area code(s)||306 and 639|
The Rural Municipality of Monet No. 257 (2016 population: 445) is a rural municipality (RM) in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan within Census Division No. 8 and SARM Division No. 3. It is located in the southwest portion of the province.
The RM of Monet No. 257 incorporated as a rural municipality on December 13, 1909.
Communities and localities
The following urban municipalities are surrounded by the RM.
The following unincorporated communities are within the RM.
In the 2021 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the RM of Monet No. 257 had a population of 432 living in 139 of its 162 total private dwellings, a change of -2.9% from its 2016 population of 445. With a land area of 1,587.99 km2 (613.13 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.3/km2 (0.7/sq mi) in 2021.
In the 2016 Census of Population, the RM of Monet No. 257 recorded a population of 445 living in 136 of its 155 total private dwellings, a -10.1% change from its 2011 population of 495. With a land area of 1,591.7 km2 (614.6 sq mi), it had a population density of 0.3/km2 (0.7/sq mi) in 2016.
There is a historical site, a regional park, and a museum located within the RM.
- Hughton Medicine Wheel, in Hughton: an archeological site consisting of a central cairn, radiating walkways.
- Elrose Brick School Museum
- Elrose Regional Park
The RM of Monet No. 257 is governed by an elected municipal council and an appointed administrator that meets on the second Thursday of every month. The reeve of the RM is Duncan Campbell while its administrator is Meghan Nickason. The RM's office is located in Elrose.
- Saskatchewan Highway 4
- Saskatchewan Highway 44
- Saskatchewan Highway 664
- Saskatchewan Highway 751
- Saskatchewan Highway 752
- Canadian National Railway
- "Pre-packaged CSV files - CGN, Canada/Province/Territory (cgn_sk_csv_eng.zip)". Government of Canada. July 24, 2019. Retrieved May 23, 2020.
- "Rural Municipality Incorporations (Alphabetical)". Saskatchewan Ministry of Municipal Affairs. Archived from the original on April 21, 2011. Retrieved May 9, 2020.
- "Municipality Details: RM of Monet No. 257". Government of Saskatchewan. Retrieved May 21, 2020.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Saskatchewan)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved May 1, 2020.
- "Saskatchewan Census Population" (PDF). Saskatchewan Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 24, 2015. Retrieved May 9, 2020.
- "Saskatchewan Census Population". Saskatchewan Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved May 9, 2020.
- "Population and dwelling counts: Canada, provinces and territories, census divisions and census subdivisions (municipalities), Saskatchewan". Statistics Canada. February 9, 2022. Retrieved April 13, 2022.
- Hughton Medicine Wheel