The September 2007 issue of Money
|Categories||Personal finance magazines|
|Frequency||Monthly, except Jan/Feb|
|First issue||October 1972|
|Final issue||June 2019|
|Company||Ad Practitioners LLC|
|Based in||New York City, New York, U.S.|
Money is a personal finance brand and website owned by Ad Practitioners LLC and formerly also a monthly magazine, first published by Time Inc. (1972–2018) and later by Meredith Corporation (2018–2019). Its articles cover the gamut of personal finance topics ranging from credit cards, mortgages, insurance, banking and investing to family finance issues like paying for college, credit, career and home improvement. It is well known for its annual list of "America's Best Places to Live". On April 16, 2020 Money announced its selections for the 'Best Mortgage Lenders Of 2020'
As of April 2020, the website draws more than 10 million unique visitors per month.
The magazine, along with Fortune, was a partner with sister cable network CNN in CNNMoney.com, an arrangement made after the discontinuation of the CNNfn business news channel in 2005. In 2014, following the spin-off of Time Inc. from its and CNN's parent Time Warner, Money launched its own website, Money.com.
The magazine was put up for sale after Meredith Corporation completed its acquisition of Time Inc. at the beginning of 2018. After failing to find a buyer, Meredith in April 2019 announced that it would cease Money's print publication, but would invest in the brand's digital component, Money.com. Money published its last print issue in June 2019. The printed magazine's remaining 400,000 or so subscribers were transferred to Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine.
In October 2019, Meredith Corporation sold the Money brand and website to Ad Practitioners LLC, a media and advertising company based in Puerto Rico that runs the product review website ConsumersAdvocate.org. Terms for the deal were not disclosed. Ad Practitioners LLC does not have plans to relaunch a print version of Money.
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Audit Bureau of Circulations. June 30, 2011. Archived from the original on July 30, 2012. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- Delbridge, Emily (November 21, 2019). "The 8 Best Business Magazines of 2020". The Balance Small Business. New York City: Dotdash. Best for Personal Finance: Money. Retrieved February 8, 2020.
- "Meredith Sells Money Magazine Brand, Nearly Two Years After Time Inc. Merger". Folio. October 22, 2019. Retrieved October 23, 2019.
- "Top 100 U.S. Magazines by Circulation" (PDF). PSA Research Center. Archived from the original (PDF) on November 15, 2016. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- "Fortune, Money Spinoff From CNNMoney.com".
- "Money Magazine Is No Longer for Sale, and It's Going Digital Only". www.adweek.com. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
- Guaglione, Sara (June 7, 2019). "Kiplinger Acquires Portion Of 'Money' Magazine's Subscribers". mediapost.com. Retrieved December 7, 2019.