Money Hai Toh Honey Hai
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)
|Money Hai Toh Honey Hai|
|Directed by||Ganesh Acharya|
|Screenplay by||Muazzam Beg|
|Story by||Muazzam Beg|
|Produced by||Kumar Mangat Pathak|
|Edited by||Ballu Saluja|
|Music by||Nitz 'N' Sony (Nitin Arora and Sony Chandy)|
|Distributed by||Eros International|
Money Hai Toh Honey Hai (transl. If You've Got the Money, You've Got the Honey) is a Bollywood comedy film directed by Ganesh Acharya and produced by Kumar Mangat, story and screenplay by Muazzam Beg. It features a cast of stars including Govinda, Aftab Shivdasani, Upen Patel, Hansika Motwani, Celina Jaitly and Manoj Bajpayee in the lead roles with Ravi Kishan, Antara Biswas and Prem Chopra in supporting roles. Esha Deol and the director of the film Ganesh Acharya make special appearances.
Money Hai Toh Honey Hai is a comedy that deals with the lives of six individuals. Bobby Arora (Govinda) is a happy-go-lucky guy who runs away from home to prove himself as a can-do child. Lallabhai (Manoj Bajpayee) becomes wealthy after his lottery win of 1 crore rupees, but he goes back on the streets after his business fails and he loses all his money. Gaurav (Aftab Shivdasani) is a copy writer who is fired from his job. Manik (Upen Patel), is a struggling model who sleeps with a middle-age fashion designer, Dolly (Archana Puran Singh), and hopes to make it big. Ashima Kapoor (Hansika Motwani) is a successful TV star, but she’s not happy with her career and is desperate to star in films. Shruti (Celina Jaitly) is a struggling dress designer.
One day, they all get an SMS informing them that they are the owners of Shahenshah Jaiswal's (Prem Chopra) 1000-crore company. However, their happiness does not last long, for their lawyer reveals that there’s a loan of 1200 crore on the company and they must repay it. Until the loan is repaid, they will be kept under house arrest. So, using the extra cloth left from a failed shipment to Korea, they make garments.((unclear)) But not just any, the type they make is enough for an ordinary person to buy. They display that in a fashion show, getting ordinary people from the street. At the end, they succeed and keep on making more stores for other parts of India with the help of the bank. The movie ends with Bobby and Ashima getting married.
- Govinda as Bobby Arora
- Aftab Shivdasani as Gaurav Negi
- Hansika Motwani as Ashima Kapoor / Meera
- Celina Jaitly as Shruti
- Manoj Bajpayee as Lallabhai Bharodia
- Ravi Kishan as Parag Batra
- Antara Biswas as Manish Sarraf’s Wife
- Upen Patel as Manikchand 'Manik' Khiralal
- Prem Chopra as Krishnakumar / Shehenshah Jaiswal
- Archana Puran Singh as Dolly
- Kim Sharma as Sara
- Priyanka Sharma as Anjali Sukhani
- Javaid Sheikh as Prakash Arora, Bobby's father
- Ketki Dave as Aarti Arora, Bobby's Mother
- Kurush Deboo as Production Supervisor
- Shruti Sharma as Sakkubai
- Paresh Ganatra as Chaman Patel
- Viju Khote as Jaiswal's Doctor
- Rakhee Tandon as Mukti Kapoor (Ashima's boss)
- Nitin Arora as Bhola Plumber
- Esha Deol (Special appearance in song Ta Na Na)
- Ganesh Acharya (Special appearance in song Chhuriyaan)
- Om Puri as the Narrator
- Vicky Sidana as Ravan
- Sumit Arora as Traffic Constable
- Raju Mavani as Mr. Wadhwa
- Snehal Sahay
The album has eight tracks including one instrumental, composed by Nitz 'N' Sony (Nitin Arora and Sony Chandy).
|1||"Money Hai Toh Honey Hai"||Harshdeep Kaur, Nitin Arora, Sony Chandy||3:31|
|2||"Awaara Dil"||Adnan Sami, Shruti Pathak, Ishq Bector, Arya, Bob, Nitin Arora, Sony Chandy, Shantanu Hudlikar||4:23|
|3||"Chhuriyaan"||Sunidhi Chauhan, Labh Janjua||4:57|
|4||"Ta Na Na"||Kunal Ganjawala, Rekha Bhardwaj, Earl, Arya, Nitin Arora, Sony Chandy||4:34|
|5||"Rangeeli Raat"||Daler Mehndi, Sunidhi Chauhan, Master Saleem, Arya||4:45|
|6||"No Big Deal"||Suraj Jagan||5:29|
|7||"Dance Master"||Shaan, Shivamani||4:24|
Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN rated it 2/5: "Sorely lacking in drama and genuine humour, Money Hai Toh Honey is mind-numbingly dull because there’s no conflict or plot progression, and everything seems to fall into place too conveniently, which even ruins the amazing comedy at the first half!"
Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama rated it 2/5: "Money Hai Toh Honey Hai is a poor show. Watch the first half and laugh your total head-off, but at the second half, try to enjoy a damp squib!"
Nikhat Kazmi of The Times of India gave it the highest rating it got: 3.5/5: "Money Hai Toh Honey made a complete laugh-riot in the first part, but soon after the interval a lot of drama and romance jumps in which is totally something you don't need in a comedy movie, it needed a much smarter script to keep the laughter ringing."
- "Money Hai Toh Honey Hai". Retrieved 25 July 2008.
- "Review: Money Hai To Honey Hai". 25 July 2008.
- "Watch Money Hai if you're a Govinda fan". www.rediff.com.
- Hungama, Bollywood. "Money Hai Toh Honey Hai Review - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama.