|Money Hai Toh Honey Hai|
|Directed by||Ganesh Acharya|
|Screenplay by||Muazzam Beg|
|Story by||Muazzam Beg|
|Produced by||Kumar Mangat Pathak|
|Edited by||Ballu Saluja|
|Music by||Nitz 'N' Sony (Nitin Arora and Sony Chandy)|
Big Screen Entertainment
|Distributed by||Eros International|
Money Hai Toh Honey Hai (transl. If You've Got the Money, You've Got the Honey) is a Bollywood comedy film directed by Ganesh Acharya and produced by Kumar Mangat, story and screenplay by Muazzam Beg. It features a cast of stars including Govinda, Aftab Shivdasani, Upen Patel, Hansika Motwani, Celina Jaitly and Manoj Bajpayee in the lead roles with Ravi Kishan, Antara Biswas and Prem Chopra in supporting roles. Esha Deol and the director of the film Ganesh Acharya make special appearances.
Money Hai Toh Honey Hai tells the story of six individuals who are each struggling in their own way. Bobby Arora (Govinda) is a happy-go-lucky guy who runs away from home to prove himself. Lallabhai (Manoj Bajpayee) becomes wealthy after winning the lottery, but he loses all his money when his business fails. Gaurav (Aftab Shivdasani) is a copywriter who is fired from his job. Manik (Upen Patel) is a struggling model who sleeps with a middle-aged fashion designer in hopes of making it big. Ashima Kapoor (Hansika Motwani) is a successful TV star, but she is not happy with her career and wants to star in films. Shruti (Celina Jaitly) is a struggling dress designer.
One day, the six of them receive an SMS informing them that they are the owners of Shahenshah Jaiswal's (Prem Chopra) 1000-crore company. However, their happiness is short-lived when they learn that the company is in debt of 1200 crores. They are told that they will be kept under house arrest until the debt is repaid.
The six friends decide to use the extra cloth left from a failed shipment to Korea to make garments that are affordable for ordinary people. They display their garments in a fashion show, and the show is a success. The bank agrees to help them repay the debt, and the six friends are able to turn the company around.
The film ends with Bobby and Ashima getting married.
- Govinda as Bobby Arora
- Aftab Shivdasani as Gaurav Negi
- Hansika Motwani as Ashima Kapoor / Meera
- Celina Jaitly as Shruti Badola
- Manoj Bajpayee as Lallabhai Bharodia
- Ravi Kishan as Parag Batra
- Antara Biswas as Manish Sarraf’s Wife
- Upen Patel as Manikchand 'Manik' Khiralal
- Prem Chopra as Krishnakumar / Shehenshah Jaiswal
- Archana Puran Singh as Dolly
- Kim Sharma as Sara Das
- Priyanka Sharma as Anjali Sukhani
- Javaid Sheikh as Prakash Arora, Bobby's father
- Ketki Dave as Aarti Arora, Bobby's Mother
- Kurush Deboo as Production Supervisor
- Shruti Sharma as Sakkubai
- Paresh Ganatra as Chaman Patel
- Viju Khote as Jaiswal's Doctor
- Rakhee Tandon as Mukti Kapoor (Ashima's boss)
- Nitin Arora as Bhola Plumber
- Esha Deol (Special appearance in song Ta Na Na)
- Ganesh Acharya (Special appearance in song Chhuriyaan)
- Om Puri as the Narrator
- Vicky Sidana as Ravan
- Sumit Arora as Traffic Constable
- Raju Mavani as Mr.Wadhwa
- Snehal Sahay
The album has eight tracks including one instrumental, composed by Nitz 'N' Sony (Nitin Arora and Sony Chandy).
|1||"Money Hai Toh Honey Hai"||Harshdeep Kaur, Nitin Arora, Sony Chandy||3:31|
|2||"Awaara Dil"||Adnan Sami, Shruti Pathak, Ishq Bector, Arya, Bob, Nitin Arora, Sony Chandy, Shantanu Hudlikar||4:23|
|3||"Chhuriyaan"||Sunidhi Chauhan, Labh Janjua||4:57|
|4||"Ta Na Na"||Kunal Ganjawala, Rekha Bhardwaj, Earl, Arya, Nitin Arora, Sony Chandy||4:34|
|5||"Rangeeli Raat"||Daler Mehndi, Sunidhi Chauhan, Master Saleem, Arya||4:45|
|6||"No Big Deal"||Suraj Jagan||5:29|
|7||"Dance Master"||Shaan, Shivamani||4:24|
Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN rated it 2/5: "Sorely lacking in drama and genuine humour, Money Hai Toh Honey is mind-numbingly dull because there’s no conflict or plot progression, and everything seems to fall into place too conveniently, which even ruins the amazing comedy at the first half!"
Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama rated it 2/5: "Money Hai Toh Honey Hai is a poor show. Watch the first half and laugh your total head-off, but at the second half, try to enjoy a damp squib!"
Nikhat Kazmi of The Times of India gave it the highest rating it got: 3.5/5: "Money Hai Toh Honey made a complete laugh-riot in the first part, but soon after the interval a lot of drama and romance jumps in which is totally something you don't need in a comedy movie, it needed a much smarter script to keep the laughter ringing".
- "Money Hai Toh Honey Hai". Bollywood Hungama. Archived from the original on 3 February 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2008.
- "Money Hai to Honey Hai". Erosnow.
- "Money Hai to Honey Hai". BoxofficeIndia.
- "Review: Money Hai To Honey Hai". 25 July 2008.
- "Watch Money Hai if you're a Govinda fan". www.rediff.com.
- Hungama, Bollywood. "Money Hai Toh Honey Hai Review - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama.
- "Critic Review of Money Hai To Honey Hai". The Times of India. 25 July 2008. Archived from the original on 5 December 2022.