UK single cover
|Single by AC/DC|
|from the album The Razors Edge|
|B-side||"Mistress for Christmas", "Borrowed Time" (U.K.), Down On The Borderline (Australia)|
|Released||8 December 1990|
|Format||7 inch, 12 inch, CD single, cassette single|
|Writer(s)||Angus Young and Malcolm Young|
|AC/DC singles chronology|
"Moneytalks" is a song written by Malcolm and Angus Young and produced by Bruce Fairbairn for the hard rock band AC/DC. Originally released on 21 September 1990 on the album The Razors Edge, it was later released as a single in December later that year. A live version of the song recorded on the band's 1990-1991 Razors Edge World Tour appeared on AC/DC's 1992 live album, Live .
The song is one of AC/DC's biggest hits, breaking the top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100, the UK Singles Charts, and the Australian ARIA Singles Chart. It is still the band's highest charting single in the United States, at number 23 (no other AC/DC single has even cracked the top 30). During their subsequent world tour, thousands of "Angus Bucks" were dropped on the audience during the song. A music video of the song, directed by David Mallet, was also released, featuring a live performance during the tour.
The song appears in the trailer to the 2011 film, Moneyball.
- Brian Johnson – lead vocals
- Angus Young – lead guitar
- Malcolm Young – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Cliff Williams – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Chris Slade – drums
|1990||Australia||ARIA Singles Chart||21|
|1990||UK||UK Singles Chart||36|
|1990||USA||Billboard Hot 100||23|
|1990||USA||Mainstream Rock Tracks||3|
- "AC/DC – Moneytalks". Australian-Charts.com. Retrieved 2007-12-18.
- "UK Top 40 Chart Archive, British Singles & Album Charts". EveryHit.com. Retrieved 2007-12-18.
- "The Razor's Edge > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles". All Media Guide. Retrieved 2007-12-18.