|Look up monger in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A monger is a merchant dealer or trader (as opposed to a pedlar, who is a traveling vendor of goods). Mongers were respected merchants, though they were not as wealthy as merchants who had their own set up stores. With respect to professions, the term is applied as a suffix (especially in the UK) to specify someone who deals in a particular kind of good; e.g.:
- Ironmonger: originally a manufacturer or otherwise supplier of iron goods (see: Ironmongery); now generalized to other metals and other household hardware
- Fishmonger: a fresh seafood wholesaler or retailer
- Costermonger: a (frequently non-established) seller of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Cheesemonger: colloquially, a specialist seller of cheese
- Fearmongering, spreading fear to attain a goal
Monger may also refer to:
- Hate-Monger, a Marvel Comics character
- Necromonger, an empire in The Chronicles of Riddick
- Iron Monger, an identity used by several fictional characters in the Marvel Universe
- Peace Monger, a mutant in the Marvel Universe
- Killmonger, a Marvel Comics supervillain and enemy of Black Panther
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Monger.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.