From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mongo may refer to:
- in Africa
- Mongo, Chad, a Sahel city
- Apostolic Vicariate of Mongo (Roman Catholic missionary jurisdiction)
- Mongo, Sierra Leone, a chiefdom
- Mongo River (Little Scarces River), Guinea and Sierra Leone, a tributary of the Little Scarces River – see List of rivers of Guinea and List of rivers of Sierra Leone
- Mongo Department, Gabon – see Departments of Gabon
- in America
- Mongo, Indiana, United States, an unincorporated community
- Mongo people, one of the largest ethnic groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Mongo Santamaría (1917–2003), Cuban jazz/salsa percussionist
- Mongo Beti, pen name of Cameroonian writer Alexandre Biyidi Awala (1932–2001)
- nickname of Drew Parsons (musician) (born 1974), bassist of the American pop punk band American Hi-Fi
- Mike Mangold (born 1955), American airline and former aerobatics pilot whose US Air Force call sign was "Mongo"
- Steve McMichael (born 1957), former American football player and professional wrestler whose ring name was "Mongo"
- Mark LoMonaco (born 1971), American professional wrestler, one of whose ring names is "Mongo Vyle"
- Mongo (planet), fictional setting for the adventures of Flash Gordon
- Magic Mongo, a fictional genie featured in segments of the Saturday morning TV program The Krofft Supershow
- Mongo (Shrek), a fictional giant gingerbread man in the animated movie Shrek 2
- Mongo the Magnificent, a fictional private investigator with dwarfism
- Mongo, a character in the novel Push and the film adaptation Precious
- Mongo, a character in the 1974 comedy film Blazing Saddles, played by Alex Karras
- Mongo, an imaginary person in the comedy film There's Something About Mary
- General Mongo, a character in the 1970 Western film Compañeros
- Mongo language, the language of the Mongo people
- Mongo, one of the five languages of the Duala language-cluster, spoken in Cameroon
- Mongo (horse), American champion thoroughbred racehorse
- Möngö, a Mongolian monetary unit worth 0.01 Mongolian tögrög
- MongoDB, an open-source document-oriented database
- A variant of mong, a derogatory shortening of Mongoloid
- Buddleja davidii 'Mongo' = Nanho Blue, a shrub cultivar
- A predecessor of the SM (plotting) computer program
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mongo.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.