This article's lead section may be too long for the length of the article. (March 2016)
This article should be divided into sections by topic, to make it more accessible. (March 2016)
|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Database as a Service|
|Headquarters||Mountain View, California, United States|
Compose is a private, Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) platform for securely hosting and managing shared and dedicated MongoDB instances. Compose is used by a majority of the cloud hosting service Heroku's MongoDB users, being the only remote Mongo host for over a year.
Compose is an alumnus of the Y Combinator business incubator, Summer 2011 class.
In July 2011, Compose announced it received its first round of angel investment of $417,000 from Y Combinator, Lerer And SV Angel. Shortly thereafter, MongoHQ acquired the competing Mongo host and automated provisioning software of MongoMachines.
They were named #4 in the top "10 Enterprise Cloud App Services of 2011" by Read Write Web.
In August 2014, Compose renamed their company from MongoHQ.
In July 2015, Compose was acquired by IBM 
- MongoHQ Add-on Public Beta | Heroku Blog | Apr 30, 2010
- MongoHQ Raises $417K From Y Combinator, Lerer And SV Angel | TechCrunch | June 24, 2011
- MongoHQ Acquires MongoMachine | Y Combinator News | July 28, 2011
- Platform (PaaS) Partners | MongoHQ Partners | Jan 14, 2012 Archived 2012-01-19 at the Wayback Machine.
- Top 10 Enterprise Cloud Apps and Services of 2011 | Read Write Web | Dec 26, 2011
- | PR Newswire | Aug 6, 2014