|Occupation||Author, guitarist, musicologist|
Monica Hall is a guitarist, author and musicologist. A reviewer and writer for The Lute Society (UK) and article contributor to the Lute Society of America Quarterly and Classical Guitar magazine. Hall's main field of study is the baroque guitar and vihuela.
Articles and Publications
- Baroque guitar stringing : a survey of the evidence (Guildford:The Lute Society, 2010) ISBN 0-905655-40-0
- Recovering a lost book of guitar music by Corbetta (In Consort : the journal of the Dolmetsch Foundation, Vol. 61 (2005) ISSN 0268-9111
- The "Guitarra espanola" of Joan Carles Amat (In Early Music, Vol. 6, no. 3, July, 1978)
- Dissonance in the guitar music of Francesco Corbetta (In Lute : the journal of the Lute Society, Vol. XLVII (2007) ISSN 0952-0759
- Angiol Bartolotti's Lettere tagliate (In Lute : the journal of the Lute Society, Vol. XLVII (2007) ISSN 0952-0759
- Tuning instructions for the baroque guitar in Bibliothèque Nationale Res. Vmc Ms. 59, f. 108v (In Lute : the journal of the Lute Society, Vol. XLVII (2007) ISSN 0952-0759
- "About the Society". The Lute Society. Retrieved 2012-10-17.
- Baroque guitar stringing: a survey of the evidence - Monica Hall, Lute Society (Great Britain) - Google Books. Books.google.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-10-17.
- "The Lute Society of America — Publications — 2011 Quarterly Table of Contents". Cs.dartmouth.edu. Retrieved 2012-10-17.
- Hall, Monica. "Author Affiliations". The chittarra atiorbata and the guittare theorbée: a reappraisal. Oxford Journals. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- Russell, Craig. "Rebuttal to Monica Hall's Communication". California Polytechnic State University. Retrieved 16 October 2012.