Monitoring Certification Scheme
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
MCERTS is the Environment Agency of England & Wales (EA) Monitoring Certification Scheme. It provides the framework for businesses to meet quality requirements. Compliance with MCERTS gives the EA confidence in the monitoring of emissions to the environment.
A key part of MCERTS is accrediting monitoring equipment, loggers and software used in environmental monitoring applications, although they may be invalidated if not used in line with the exact processes used when tested.
MCERTS also is more broadly applicable to ensuring the process of monitoring is reliable and accurately reflects the compliance of a given site to any applicable laws, for example it mandates independent audits to ensure that best practises are being followed and that all monitoring equipment and installations are appropriate for the monitoring required.
MCERTS Provides the only available accreditation specifically for Environmental data management systems. It covers quality procedures similar to ISO9000, coding standards and software systems such as testing, plus functionality and performance, including security and auditability etc.
Pdf of the MCERTS requirements for Environmental Data Management Systems
Example MCERTS Certificate 
MCERTS covers accreditation of water sampling and testing. The MCERTS (Waters) standard is an application of ISO/IEC 17025 (General requirements of the competence of testing and calibration laboratories). The standard was designed to underpin confidence in the analysis of untreated sewage, treated sewage effluents and trade effluents. UKAS accreditation will act as an assurance that the data produced by accredited organisations is reliable. Furthermore, MCERTS aims to promote the professional reputation of staff and organisations involved in sewage and effluent testing. It is administered by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) 
- http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/business/regulation/31829.aspx "Environment Agency - Monitoring emissions to air, land and water"
- http://www.plantengineer.org.uk/article/36579/VOC-emissions-data-may-be-invalid-warns-Quantitech-.aspx "Potential FID fuel issues to ensure MCERTS compliance"
- http://www.abb.co.uk/cawp/seitp202/b679a054883b471ac12573940037b2b5.aspx "MCERTS - Pollute at your peril"
- http://www.envirotech-online.com/news/water-wastewater/9/emerson_process_management/mcerts_audits_for_plants_discharging_wastewater/16730/ "MCERTS Audits For Plants Discharging Wastewater"
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-25. Retrieved 2011-10-02. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) "UKAS Announces first MCERTS Waters Accreditations"