MONI Smart Security
||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Fire alarm system, Fire suppression, Security systems, Communication systems, Video surveillance, Access control, Radio frequency identification, Electronic article surveillance, Home automation, Home security, Alarm monitoring center, Medical alarm, Carbon monoxide detector|
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, U.S.|
|Jeff Gardner (President & CEO)
Michael Meyers (Executive Vice President & CFO)
Cindy Nash (Chief Information Officer)
Frank Guido (Chief Marketing Officer)
Kelly Harris (Chief People Officer)
Bruce Mungiguerra (Chief Operating Officer)
Jay Autrey (Chief Customer Officer)
Peter Tonti (VP, Product Marketing)
MONI, the new Monitronics International, is a subsidiary of Ascent Capital Group (Nasdaq: ASCMA). MONI was founded in 1994 and is the second largest security alarm monitoring company in the United States. Headquartered in the Dallas metro area, the company provides monitored home and business security system services to more than one million residential and commercial customers throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, and is among the industry's leaders in connected and smart-home technology.
MONI offers live security alarm monitoring via telephone land line and cellular phone. Customers can personalize equipment and services, as well as the ability to receive alerts, notifications, and alarm information. Client accounts are monitored at the company's Five Diamond Certified central monitoring station in Dallas.
MONI maintains an independent dealer network to sell, install and service its security systems and related equipment to residential and commercial customers.
MONI was founded in Dallas in 1994 to provide alarm monitoring services to U.S. customers and businesses, as well as financing, technical training and product solutions to dealers within the industry. Investment firm ABRY Partners owned more than half of MONI until it was sold to Ascent Media Corporation in December 2010.
Acquisition of Security Networks
In 2013, MONI purchased Security Networks, a network of over 225 security dealers, for $507 million to diversify its service offerings and enter into the developing and complementary DIY home service category.
Acquisition of LiveWatch
To further this initiative, MONI acquired DIY home security company LiveWatch for and its ASAPer technology for $67 million in 2015. ASAPer alerts customers seconds after an alarm is triggered, allowing them to resolve the alarm from their smartphones or computers. If customers are unavailable, the MONI monitoring center dispatches police.
In 2016, Monitronics International changed its name to MONI. Its logo, company colors and core brand pillars were changed.
MONI's national monitoring operations center is located at the headquarters office building in Farmers Branch, Texas. In 2015, the company moved into its current headquarters in the Dallas area of Texas. The new site has all departments under one roof. Previously, the organization was housed within three separate buildings.
Authorized Dealer Network
There are more than 600 independent dealers in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
MONI Partner Program
MONI has built a large partner program, including AARP, AAA, ADI, Alarm.com, Consolidated Communications, DSC, Honeywell, Icontrol Networks, Interlogix, Tri-Ed, 2-GIG, Kwikset and WAVE Electronics, keeping them at the forefront of product offerings and emerging technologies.
Awards and recognition
MONI has received numerous awards for its security monitoring and solutions.
MONI has been named by SDM Magazine as a Top 100 company consistently since 2002, ranking it as one of the three largest security alarm monitoring companies in the United States.
Frost & Sullivan awarded MONI the Frost & Sullivan North American Customer Value Leadership Award in Residential Security Services in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014, recognizing operational skill and success attracting and retaining key dealer accounts. It also named MONI the 2010 and 2016 Company of the Year.
The company received the Consumers' Choice Award for excellence in business and customer service in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 for its alarm and sensor systems.
Chuck Liddell has appeared at MONI booths at industry conferences, in addition to, NFL greats Deion Sanders and Michael Strahan,who served as spokespersons for MONI at the national trade show, ISC West.
Products and services
- Residential Security Systems (including Fire and Life Safety)
- Custom Home Security Systems (including Fire and Life Safety)
- Smart and Connected Home
- Home Automation
- Small Business Intrusion Detection
- Health Monitoring
- Medium & Large Business Intrusion Detection
- Medium & Large Business Fire & Life Safety
- Medium & Large Business Electronic Article Surveillance and Smart Electronic Article Surveillance
- Medium & Large Business Preferred Services
- Medium & Large Business Security Monitoring Services
- Government Fire & Life Safety
- Government Intrusion Detection and Control
- "Industry giant buys Evanston home security firm for $67 million". Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- Dun & Bradstreet. "Monitronics International, Inc.".
- Dahl, Jonathan (2009). 1,001 Things They Won't Tell You: An Insider's Guide to Spending, Saving, and Living Wisely. p150: Workman Publishing. p. 536. ISBN 9780761151371.
- Romano, Jay (April 1, 2007). "Security Systems: Your Eyes and Ears". The New York Times. New York, NY: The New York Times. Retrieved July 9, 2010.
- Yahoo! Finance. "Monitronics International, Inc. Company Profile".
- Hoover's (2007). Hoover's Handbook of Private Companies. p336: Hoover's Incorporated. p. 588. ISBN 9781573111157.
- "Ascent Media Corporation Acquires Monitronics". The Wall Street Journal. Dec 17, 2010. Retrieved March 15, 2011.
- Bosch, Rodney. "Analysts Are Bullish on Monitronics' $507M Deal for Security Networks". www.securitysales.com. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- Jacobson, Julie. "Monitronics Acquires Security, Home Automation Provider LiveWatch for Huge Multiples". www.cepro.com. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "Monitronics moves to bigger, unified facility | Security Systems News". www.securitysystemsnews.com. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "Joining a program | SecurityInfoWatch.com". Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "Alarm.com and Monitronics Extend Preferred Technology Partnership". www.alarm.com. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- Jacobson, Julie. "Icontrol One Scores First Big Win via Partnership with Monitronics". www.cepro.com. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "Monitronics partners with telecom for lead generation | Security Systems News". www.securitysystemsnews.com. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- SDM New Directions for Security Systems & Integration Magazine. "2010 SDM 100: The List". Retrieved July 9, 2010.
- "Frost & Sullivan Lauds Monitronics' Use of Innovative Business Methods for High-Quality Service". Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- Frost & Sullivan. "Frost & Sullivan Recognizes Monitronics International for Exceptional Service and Growth in the Alarm Monitoring Services Market". Retrieved July 18, 2008.
- Frost & Sullivan (December 20, 2010). "Monitronics Receives Prestigious Industry Award". Retrieved March 15, 2008.
- Monitronics International (September 3, 2015). "Monitronics Receives Fourth Consecutive Consumers' Choice Award".
- The Street. "Monitronics Welcomes NFL Stars At ISC West".