KDOT map of Crawford County (legend)
|state of Kansas|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
The first post office in Monmouth was established in July 1866.
Mounmouth experienced growth in 1879 when a narrow gauge railroad was first extended to that point.
- Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) details for Monmouth, Kansas; United States Geological Survey (USGS); October 13, 1978.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Monmouth, Kansas
- Blackmar, Frank Wilson (1912). Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History, Volume 2. Standard Publishing Company. p. 299.
- A Twentieth Century History and Biographical Record of Crawford County, Kansas. The Lewis Publishing Company. 1905. p. 31.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961, page 2 (archived)". Kansas Historical Society. Archived from the original on October 9, 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
|This article about a location in Crawford County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|