Monmouth Executive Airport
|Monmouth Executive Airport|
|IATA: BLM – ICAO: KBLM – FAA LID: BLM|
|Airport type||Public use|
|Owner||Wall Herald Corp.|
|Serves||Belmar / Farmingdale, New Jersey|
|Location||Wall Township, Monmouth County|
|Elevation AMSL||153 ft / 47 m|
Monmouth Executive Airport (IATA: BLM, ICAO: KBLM, FAA LID: BLM) is a privately owned, public use airport in Monmouth County, New Jersey. It is in Wall Township six miles west of Belmar, east of Farmingdale. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a general aviation reliever airport. Prior to 2003, it was known as Allaire Airport. The airport was sold on December 3, 2013 to a consortium known as Wall Aviation. The new owners intend to evict current renters and upgrade the facility to serve corporate clients.
In an analysis by the Regional Plan Association in 2011, Monmouth Executive scored highly as a potential airport for airline flights to expand capacity and relieve aviation congestion in the New York area.
Monmouth Executive Airport covers 850 acres (344 ha) at an elevation of 153 feet (47 m). It has two asphalt runways: 14/32 is 7,371 by 85 feet (2,247 x 26 m) and 3/21 is 3,512 by 50 feet (1,070 x 15 m).
Incidents and accidents
On February 15, 2010 a small aircraft, identified as a Cessna 337, crashed on approach to the airport, killing all five people on board. Witnesses said the plane broke apart after aborting a landing.
- FAA Airport Master Record for BLM ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (BLM: Belmar / Monmouth County)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- "KBLM – Allaire Airport". FAA data republished by AirNav. Effective October 3, 2002. Archived from the original on November 7, 2002. Check date values in:
- Strunsky, Steve (December 8, 2013). "After 75 years in the family, Monmouth Executive Airport is under new management". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- Serrano, Ken (Nov 22, 2013). "Monmouth airport's new owners hope to lure more corporate jets". Asbury Park Press. Retrieved 2013-12-08.
- Zupan, Jeffrey M.; Brone, Richard E.; Lee, Matthew H. (January 2011), Upgrading to World Class The Future of the New York Region's Airports (PDF), Regional Plan Association
- Monmouth Executive Airport (BLM) from New Jersey DOT Airport Directory
- Aviation photos of Monmouth Executive Airport at jetphotos.net
- Aerial image as of March 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for BLM, effective July 23, 2015
- Resources for this airport: