Monmouth University Polling Institute
The Monmouth University Polling Institute is a public opinion research institute located on the Monmouth University campus in West Long Branch, New Jersey. The Polling Institute was established in 2005, and since its establishment has been led by director Patrick Murray.
As of November 2019, the polling analysis website FiveThirtyEight, led by statistician Nate Silver, had 100 Monmouth polls in its database, and gave the polling institute an "A+" grade on the basis of its historical accuracy and methodology. Silver listed the pollster as having 80% accuracy record in calling races. The Institute is a signatory to the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) Transparency Initiative.
In 2010, the institute's director Patrick Murray was named "Pollster of the Year" by PolitickerNJ and one of the 100 most influential people in New Jersey politics. Murray is an occasional contributor to the Huffington Post's Pollster page.
- About the Institute, Monmouth University Polling Institute.
- Nate Silver, FiveThirtyEight's Pollster Ratings, FiveThirtyEight (last accessed November 26, 2019).
- Corzine Points a Spotlight at His Rival’s Waistline - New York Times. Retrieved July 25, 2011.
- The Year in Review 2010 Archived 2011-09-20 at the Wayback Machine - PolitickerNJ.com. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- Power List 2010 Archived 2010-11-21 at the Wayback Machine - PolitickerNJ.com. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- Are Nate Silver's Pollster Ratings 'Done Right'? - HuffingtonPost.com. Retrieved July 24, 2011.
- Mark Blumenthal: New Jersey Watch - HuffingtonPost.com. Retrieved July 24, 2011.