From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Monolithic)
|Look up monolith or monolithic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A monolith is a monument or natural feature consisting of a single massive stone or rock.
Monolith or monolithic may also refer to:
- Single crystal, unified crystal, also called monocrystal or monolithic
- Monolithic architecture, a style of construction in which a building is carved, cast or excavated from a single piece of material
- Monolithic column, column made from one single piece of stone
- Monolithic dome, structure cast in one piece over a form, made of concrete or similar structural material
- Monolitten, Norwegian for The Monolith, in Vigeland Sculpture Park in Norway
- Monolith (comics), comic book series and the name of its titular character
- Monolith, character from the Elementals comic book series
- Monolith (Space Odyssey), the Monoliths featured in 2001: A Space Odyssey and its sequels
- Monolith (Angel novel), a 2004 novel by John Passarella
- Monolith Productions, Washington State based videogame development house
- Monolith Soft, Japanese video game developer
- The Monolith, a faction from the video games S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- Monolith, the face of half dome a photograph from Ansel Adams
- Monolith (catalyst support), an extruded structure to support catalysts
- Monolithic application, software architecture for computer applications
- Monolithic codebase, repository architecture for source control
- Monolithic kernel, kernel architecture for computer operating systems
- Monolithic system, computer system architecture where processing, data and the user interface all reside on the same system
- Monolithic integrated circuit or "monolithic system", an electronic system, such as a processor, realized on a single die
- Monolithic microwave integrated circuit (often abbreviated MMIC), a type of integrated circuit (IC) device that operates at microwave frequencies (300 MHz to 300 GHz)
- MoSys, Inc., formerly Monolithic Systems, Inc.
- Monolith Festival, a Colorado music festival
- Monolithic (band), a synthpop band
- "Monolithic", a song by Monster Magnet from the album Monolithic Baby!
- "Monolith", a song by Stone Sour from the album Stone Sour
- "Monolith", a song by T. Rex from the album Electric Warrior
- "Monolith", a song by Yello from the album Pocket Universe
- "Monolith", a song by Wolfmother
- "Monoliths", a song by Maserati
- "Monolith", a song by Jedi Mind Tricks from the album A History of Violence
- "The Monolith", a song by The Beta Band from the E.P The Patty Patty Sound, later included on the compilation album The Three E.P.'s
- "Monolith", a song by Delerium from the album Spheres
- "Monolith", a song by Cannibal Corpse from the album Vile
- "Monolith", a song by Mudvayne from L.D. 50
- "The Monolith", a song by Becoming the Archetype from the album The Physics of Fire
- "Monolith", a song by Youngblood Supercult from their 2016 album High Plains.
- Monolith (Kansas album), 1979
- Monolith (Amebix album), 1987
- Monolith (Death Cube K album), 2007
- Monolith (In Mourning album), 2010
- Monolith (Sylosis album), 2012
- Monolith (band), a Bulgarian rock band
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Monolith.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.