Map of Masbate with Monreal highlighted
|Region||Bicol (Region V)|
|• Mayor||Ben G. Espiloy|
|• Vice Mayor||Romeo L. Grona|
|• Total||128.67 km2 (49.68 sq mi)|
|• Density||200/km2 (510/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||56|
Monreal is a fourth class municipality in the province of Masbate, Philippines. It is located on the northern part of Ticao Island. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 25,366 people.
- Santo Niño
|Population census of Monreal|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
Monreal's local economy is based on fishing. A local conservation effort to protect the environment lead to the development of tourism industry in the municipality. The Halea Island Retreat and Nature Park is the number one attraction for tourists both local and foreign, creating employment opportunities for the local folks and generating revenues for the local government in terms of taxes.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Province: MASBATE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Masbate". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Claveria / Sibuyan Sea||Pilar, Sorsogon
|Aroroy / Sibuyan Sea||Ticao Pass / Bulan, Sorsogon|
|Baleno / Masbate Pass||San Jacinto|