Monroe, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tippecanoe County's location in Indiana
|Elevation||787 ft (240 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||439339|
An old variant name of the community was called Huntersville.
A post office was established under the name Huntersville in 1836, was renamed Monroe in 1840, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1853.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Monroe, Tippecanoe County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- "USGS detail on Monroe - Variant Citation". Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Tippecanoe County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved July 25, 2016.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
|This Tippecanoe County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|