Monroe-Woodbury High School
|Monroe-Woodbury High School|
|155 Dunderberg Road
Central Valley, NY 10917
|School type||Public, high school|
|Motto||Pursuit of Excellence|
|School district||Monroe-Woodbury Central School District|
|Color(s)||Purple, white black|
|Rival||Newburgh Free Academy, Warwick Valley High School|
|Communities served||Town of Monroe
Village of Monroe
Town and Village of Woodbury (part)
Town of Tuxedo
Monroe-Woodbury High School is located in Central Valley, New York, part of the town and village of Woodbury in Orange County. It educates all students in grades 9-12 in the Monroe-Woodbury Central School District. The four levels are built into a hill overlooking Woodbury Common Premium Outlets.
Monroe-Woodbury has shown a general increase in the percent of its students achieving higher scores on Regents exams from the 2005-2006 school year to the 2007-2008 school year, in both sciences and maths, as well as languages. Consequently, 86% of graduates in 2006 received a Regents diploma, as compared to 89% in 2008. As well, a low 1% of would-be graduates dropped out in 2008.
Andy Grammer made mainstream success with his hit "Keep Your Head Up", then again in the year 2015 when he released the hit song "Honey I'm Good". Due to popular demand, the popular radio station "K-104" asked him to join "K-Fest". A music festival where they gather some of the top artists and throw a concert. Shortly after he got the gig to play alongside Flo Rida, Walk the Moon, Charlie XCX and more at the festival, he winded up donating K-Fest tickets to all graduating Seniors of 2015.
The Monroe Woodbury High School also boasts many extra-curricular activities, both athletic and academic, among them being Drama Club, Art Guild, Chess Club, History Club, Interact, Pep Band, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model UN, National Honor Society, a Newspaper, Odyssey of the Mind, Science Olympiads, and Student Government, and many more. In Sports, there are teams in Football, Soccer, Tennis, Cross Country Running, Alpine Skiing, Track, Swimming, Golf, Volleyball, Lacrosse, Wrestling, Ice Hockey, Basketball, Baseball, and Softball.
- "New York School Report Card 2005-06, Accountability and Overview Report for Monroe-Woodbury High School" (PDF). (520 KiB), retrieved September 14, 2007.
- "Monroe-Woodbury High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- McKenna, Chris (August 28, 2003). "M-W High School taking students to new level". Times-Herald Record. Retrieved 2007-09-14.
- "The New York State District Report Card Comprehensive Information Report 2007–08" (PDF). The New York State District Report Card. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- "MONROE-WOODBURY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT ACTIVITIES 2010-2011". Monroe Woodbury High School. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- "MW Athletic Teams". Monroe Woodbury Central School District. Retrieved 2011-02-27.