Monroe-Woodbury High School
|Monroe-Woodbury High School|
|155 Dunderberg Road
Central Valley, New York 10917
|School type||Public, high school|
|Motto||Pursuit of Excellence|
|School district||Monroe-Woodbury Central School District|
|Color(s)||Purple, white black|
|Rival||Newburgh Free Academy, Warwick Valley High School|
|Communities served||Town of Monroe
Village of Monroe
Town and Village of Woodbury (part)
Town of Tuxedo
Monroe-Woodbury High School is located in Central Valley, New York, part of the town and village of Woodbury in Orange County. It educates all students in grades 9-12 in the Monroe-Woodbury Central School District.
Monroe-Woodbury has shown a general increase in the percent of its students achieving higher scores on Regents exams from the 2005-2006 school year to the 2007-2008 school year, in both sciences and maths, as well as languages. Consequently, 86% of graduates in 2006 received a Regents diploma, as compared to 89% in 2008. As well, a low 1% of would-be graduates dropped out in 2008.
- Andy Grammer, musician
- Amy Gutmann, president of the University of Pennsylvania
- Jermaine Paul, won The Voice in 2012
- Bull Dempsey, wrestler
The Monroe Woodbury High School also boasts many extra-curricular activities, both athletic and academic, among them being Drama Club, Art Guild, Chess Club, History Club, Interact, Pep Band, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model UN, National Honor Society, a Newspaper, Odyssey of the Mind, Science Olympiads, and Student Government, and many more. In Sports, there are teams in Football, Soccer, Tennis, Cross Country Running, Alpine Skiing, Track, Swimming, Golf, Volleyball, Lacrosse, Wrestling, Ice Hockey, Basketball, Baseball, and Softball.
- "M-W announces administrative changes, new hires". Monroe-Woodbury Central School District. 13 July 2017. Retrieved 17 July 2017.
- "New York School Report Card 2005-06, Accountability and Overview Report for Monroe-Woodbury High School" (PDF). (520 KiB), retrieved September 14, 2007.
- "Monroe-Woodbury High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- McKenna, Chris (August 28, 2003). "M-W High School taking students to new level". Times-Herald Record. Retrieved 2007-09-14.
- "The New York State District Report Card Comprehensive Information Report 2007–08" (PDF). The New York State District Report Card. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- "Monroe-Woodbury High School Graduating Seniors Enjoy Special Gift from Andy Grammer". twcnews.com. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "Why Jermaine Paul Won 'The Voice'". billboard.com. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- WITT, KEVIN. "Pro wrestling: 'Starving artist' feeds his profession". recordonline.com. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "MONROE-WOODBURY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT ACTIVITIES 2010-2011". Monroe Woodbury High School. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- "MW Athletic Teams". Monroe Woodbury Central School District. Retrieved 2011-02-27.