Monroe Center, Illinois
Post office in Monroe Center
Location of Monroe Center in Ogle County, Illinois.
|• Village||1.21 sq mi (3.13 km2)|
|• Land||1.21 sq mi (3.13 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||853 ft (260 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||373.65/sq mi (144.27/km2)|
Monroe Center is a village in Ogle County, Illinois, United States, southeast of Rockford in Monroe Township. It is located on the Canadian Pacific Railway and on Illinois Route 72, about .6 mile east of Exit 111 from Interstate 39. The village had a population of 471 at the 2010 census. The controversial Great Lakes Basin Railroad is planned to run through Monroe Center.
Monroe Center is on a hill and has many fields surrounding it. The Kilbuck Creek along with the retainment ponds and the lakes off 39 are the only bodies of water in the area. According to the 2010 census, Monroe Center has a total area of 1.21 square miles (3.13 km2), all land.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jun 30, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2015-12-19.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- 'Senator Baker, Legislator, 38 Years, Dies,' Rockford Register Republic, February 26, 1963
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Monroe Center, Illinois.|