|• Village||1.21 sq mi (3.14 km2)|
|• Land||1.21 sq mi (3.14 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||853 ft (260 m)|
|• Density||339.11/sq mi (130.91/km2)|
Monroe Center is a village in Ogle County, Illinois, United States, southeast of Rockford in Monroe Township. It is located on the Canadian Pacific Railway and on Illinois Route 72, about .6 mile east of Exit 111 from Interstate 39. The village had a population of 471 at the 2010 census. The controversial Great Lakes Basin Railroad is planned to run through Monroe Center.
Monroe Center is on a hill and has many fields surrounding it. The Kilbuck Creek along with the retainment ponds and lakes alongside I-39 are the only bodies of water in the area. According to the 2010 census, Monroe Center has a total area of 1.21 square miles (3.13 km2), all land.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Charles W. Baker (1876-1953), Illinois state legislator and farmer, was born in Monroe Center.
- Andra Martin (born Sandra Rehn) (1935–2022), American Actor, grew up on the family farm in Monroe Center.
- "2020 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved March 15, 2022.
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved December 19, 2015.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- 'Senator Baker, Legislator, 38 Years, Dies,' Rockford Register Republic, February 26, 1963