Monroe County Community School Corporation
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (June 2015)
The Monroe County Community School Corporation (MCCSC) is a school corporation providing primary, secondary and adult educational services in Monroe County, Indiana. MCCSC constitutes a unified school district and has tax and legislative authority under Indiana law within its district (all of Monroe County excepting Richland and Bean Blossom Townships, which are under the authority of the Richland-Bean Blossom Community School Corporation).
MCCSC operates fourteen elementary schools, three middle schools, four high schools and one vocational school. In addition, they offer several adult and alternative education facilities.
MCCSC is governed by a board of seven trustees elected to staggered four-year terms on a subdistrict basis within the school district. The board of trustees then hires a superintendent, who oversees the day-to-day administration and operation of the school district.
The school district has significant relationships with Indiana University.
- Arlington Heights Elementary School
- Binford Elementary School
- Childs Elementary School
- Clear Creek Elementary School
- Fairview Elementary - An Artful Learning and Performing Arts Academy
- Grandview Elementary School
- Highland Park Elementary School
- Lakeview Elementary School
- Marlin Elementary School
- Rogers Elementary School
- Summit Elementary School
- Templeton Elementary School
- Unionville Elementary School
- University Elementary School
- Batchelor Middle School (Bulldogs)
- Jackson Creek Middle School (Jaguars)
- Tri-North Middle School (Trojans)
- Bloomington High School North (Cougars)
- Bloomington High School South (Panthers)
- Bloomington Graduation School
- The Academy of Science and Entrepreneurship