Monroe Township, Adams County, Indiana
Location in Adams County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.39 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Land||36.34 sq mi (94.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.14%|
|Elevation||833 ft (254 m)|
|• Density||133.7/sq mi (51.6/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46711, 46733, 46772|
|GNIS feature ID||0453633|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.39 square miles (94.2 km2), of which 36.34 square miles (94.1 km2) (or 99.86%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.14%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Washington Township (north)
- St. Marys Township (northeast)
- Blue Creek Township (east)
- Wabash Township (south)
- Hartford Township (southwest)
- French Township (west)
- Kirkland Township (northwest)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Graber, Mazelin, Ray, Smith, and Winchester.
Airports and landing strips
- Sprungers South Adams County Airstrip
- Adams Central Community Schools
- South Adams Schools
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 79
- State Senate District 19
- "Monroe Township, Adams County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Monroe township, Adams County, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- 2002 Census of Governments, Individual State Descriptions (PDF)