Monroe Township, Benton County, Iowa
Location in Benton County
|• Total||36.31 sq mi (94.04 km2)|
|• Land||36.3 sq mi (94.01 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||932 ft (284 m)|
|• Density||7.1/sq mi (2.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||52224, 52229|
|GNIS feature ID||0468391|
Monroe Township was founded in 1851.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Monroe Township covers an area of 36.31 square miles (94.04 square kilometers); of this, 36.3 square miles (94.01 square kilometers, 99.97 percent) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 square kilometers, 0.03 percent) is water.
- Bruce Township (north)
- Cedar Township (northeast)
- Jackson Township (east)
- Big Grove Township (southeast)
- Homer Township (south)
- Oneida Township, Tama County (southwest)
- Clark Township, Tama County (west)
- Geneseo Township, Tama County (northwest)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Gnagy, Ramthun, Saint Joseph and Urmy.
- Union Community School District
- Vinton-Shellsburg Community School District
- Iowa's 3rd congressional district
- State House District 39
- State Senate District 20
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- The History of Benton County, Iowa, Containing a History of the County, Its Cities, Towns, &c. Western Historical. 1878. p. 312.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Monroe Township, Benton County, Iowa.|