Monroe Township, Clark County, Indiana
Location of Monroe Township in Clark County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||56.06 sq mi (145.2 km2)|
|• Land||55.78 sq mi (144.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.28 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|Elevation||525 ft (160 m)|
|• Density||96.9/sq mi (37.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453636|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 56.06 square miles (145.2 km2), of which 55.78 square miles (144.5 km2) (or 99.50%) is land and 0.28 square miles (0.73 km2) (or 0.50%) is water.
- Vienna Township, Scott County (north)
- Oregon Township (east)
- Charlestown Township (southeast)
- Union Township (south)
- Carr Township (southwest)
- Wood Township (southwest)
- Polk Township, Washington County (west)
- Finley Township, Scott County (northwest)
The township contains several cemeteries: Blue Lick Cemetery (aka Mountain Grove), Bowerman Cemetery, Cass, Clegg (aka Mt. Moriah), Collings, Dieterlen Grave, Dietz, Forest Grove (aka Willey's Chapel), Guernsey, Henryville, Hylton-Condrey, Hosea Family, Kaylor-Wilcox, Little Union (aka Gross), McBride-Allen-Biggs (aka Allen), Mt. Lebanon, Mt. Moriah, Mt. Zion, Otisco II, St. Clair, St. Francis Catholic (aka Henryville Catholic), Tuttle, and Wootan.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of the Ohio Falls Cities and Their Counties: Precincts of Jefferson County, Ky. General histories of Clark and Floyd counties, Ind. New Albany and Floyd County. Clark County and Jeffersonville. L. A. Williams & Company. 1882. p. 357.
- Mauk, Lois. "Clark County, Indiana Cemeteries". usgennet.org. USGenNet. Retrieved 7 September 2014.