Monroe Township, Coshocton County, Ohio
|Monroe Township, Coshocton County, Ohio|
Location of Monroe Township in Coshocton County
|• Total||26.1 sq mi (67.7 km2)|
|• Land||26.1 sq mi (67.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,243 ft (379 m)|
|• Density||20/sq mi (7.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085922|
Located in the northwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Killbuck Township, Holmes County - northeast
- Clark Township - east
- Bethlehem Township - southeast corner
- Jefferson Township - south
- Newcastle Township - southwest corner
- Tiverton Township - west
- Richland Township, Holmes County - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Monroe township, Coshocton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Result, GNIS. Accessed 2008-02-02.
- Graham, Albert Adams (1881). History of Coshocton County, Ohio: Its Past and Present, 1740-1881. A. A. Graham. p. 560.
- Hunt, William Ellis (1876). Historical Collections of Coshocton County, Ohio. R. Clarke & Company. p. 3.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.