Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||26.62 sq mi (68.9 km2)|
|• Land||26.47 sq mi (68.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.15 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.56%|
|Elevation||797 ft (243 m)|
|• Density||185.2/sq mi (71.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
46118, 46151, 46157, 46158
|GNIS feature ID||453643|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 26.62 square miles (68.9 km2), of which 26.47 square miles (68.6 km2) (or 99.44%) is land and 0.15 square miles (0.39 km2) (or 0.56%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Bethesda and North Branch.
Airports and landing strips
- Berling Airport
- Echo Lake
- Hart Lake
- Monroe-Gregg School District
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 47
- State Senate District 37
- "Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Archived from the original on 2020-02-12. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.