Monsignor Farrell High School
|Monsignor Farrell High School|
|2900 Amboy Road
New York 10306
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Area trustee||Msgr. Thomas Bergin|
|Principal||Msgr. Edmund Whalen|
|Assistant Principal||Lawrence Musanti|
|Faculty||Diocesan Priests, Christian Brothers, Sisters of Charity, Lay Educators|
|Average class size||25|
|Color(s)||Maroon and Gold|
|Team name||The Lions|
|Accreditation||Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Affiliation||Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York (former)|
Monsignor Farrell High School is a Catholic secondary school located in the Oakwood section of Staten Island, New York. Opened in 1961, the school was named in honor of Monsignor Joseph Farrell, a prominent Catholic priest, as well as a religious, political and community leader on Staten Island.
The school's marching band received 8th Place at the 2008 United States Scholastic Band Association National Championships, competing as a Group II band at the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland on November 7, 2008.
The band's 2010 show entitled "A Celtic Suite" won the band the New York State Championship. They received 3rd place at the National Championships, hosted at the Naval Academy. The band took home the "Espirt de Corp" award for the band which exemplifies the marine characteristics of professionalism and quality. In 2011, the band won first place at the USSBA National Championships for Group 1 open completing their 2011 competitive season completely undefeated.
In 2011 the Farrell Marching Band won the USSBA National Championship also taking the caption awards for Best Music Best Overall Effect and Best Percussion. The 2011 show was entitled "A Celtic Fantasy" with music based on famous Celtic scores including Pomp and Circumstance as well the Irish folk song Danny Boy.
- Bill Britton - former PGA Tour player
- Michael Cusick - New York State Assemblyman
- John Lavelle - actor 
- Daniel Donovan - U.S. Congressman from New York
- Andrew Lanza - who won the NY State Senate seat which was held for 50 years by Farrell's grandfather John J. Marchi
- Michael McMahon - U.S. Congressman from New York
- Kevin O'Connor - former General Manager of the Utah Jazz
- Jim Oddo - New York City Councilman
- Ryan Rossiter - Basketball player
- William J. Taverner - Sex educator and editor of the American Journal of Sexuality Education
- Louis Tobacco - New York State Assemblyman
- Kevin Coyle - Defensive Coordinator for the Miami Dolphins
- John Wolyniec - Former Major League Soccer player
- Vito Fossella - Former U.S. Congressman from New York
- Theo Rossi - actor
- Statistical information gathered from Monsignor Farrell High School's official site's Monsignor Farrell High School enrollment statistics page
- MSA-CSS. "MSA-Commission on Secondary Schools". Retrieved 2009-05-27.
- Group I, M&T Bank Stadium, November 16, 2007, United States Scholastic Band Association. Accessed 2007-11-18.
- Michael Portantiere (2006-05-17). "Follow Spot | Tovah Feldshuh gets her Irish up to play Dolly Gallagher Levi, and John Lavelle acts like a Wall Street minion in Burleigh Grime$. Plus: What went wrong with Tarzan?". TheaterMania.com. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- "On the Issues: James Oddo | SILive.com". silive.com. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- "Siena College Official Athletic Site - Siena College". sienasaints.com. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- "Staten Island, NY - People & Demographic Info - MyLife.com®". mylife.com. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- "New York State Assembly | Ron Castorina, Jr.". assembly.state.ny.us. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- "Vito Fossella - U.S. Congress Votes Database". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2017-01-03.