Monsignor Scanlan High School
|Monsignor Scanlan High School|
|915 Hutchinson River Parkway
New York City (Throgs Neck, Bronx), New York, 10465
|Motto||"Remembering the Past, Preparing for the Future"|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Campus size||13 acres (53,000 m2)|
|Color(s)||Navy and White|
|Accreditation||Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Affiliation||Dominican Sisters of Sparkill|
|Athletic Director||Tom Catalanotto|
|Assistant Principal||Kris Keelin|
Monsignor Scanlan High School is a four-year private, Roman Catholic high school located in the Throgs Neck section of The Bronx, New York City. It is part of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York and is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Monsignor Scanlan High School was initially established in 1949 as two schools, St. Helena's High School for Boys and St. Helena's High School for Girls. Both schools were formed by Monsignor Arthur J. Scanlan, founding pastor of St. Helena's Church. He also founded the parish elementary school in 1940. Both high schools were renamed in Scanlan's honor in 1972 and merged to form one coeducational high school in 1976. The parish also operated a commercial high school from 1956 to 2002.
Strategically located near the foot of the Whitestone Bridge, Monsignor Scanlan High School sits on a picturesque 13-acre campus in the Throgs Neck section of The Bronx, just minutes from northern Queens. Students residing in The Bronx and Queens constitute the majority of the pupil population.  Several connecting MTA bus lines accommodate students traveling to Scanlan from different points in Queens and The Bronx.
The academic program is organized around a seven-day cycle on three academic levels designed to accommodate the scholastic needs of students. The Honors Program rigorously challenges honor students to excel. The Regents Program prepares students to perform successfully on the New York State Regents exams and the school's Satellite Program offers students reinforcement in the areas of Math and Reading Skills.
Advanced Placement Courses
Monsignor Scanlan High School offers two distinctive opportunities for its students to earn college credits:
Monsignor Scanlan High School also partners with St. John's University to offer college level courses to Juniors and Seniors with the opportunity to obtain college credits.
All classrooms are equipped with Smartboard technology and there are four computer labs for course work and student use.
- Boys' Baseball (Junior Varsity & Varsity)- 2015 & 2014 CHSAA City Champions
- Girls' Softball
- Boys' Basketball (Freshman, J.V. and Varsity)
- Girls' Basketball
- Girls' Volleyball
- Cross Country
- Intramural Sports
Clubs and Activities
Monsignor Scanlan High School has a number of student activities designed to promote a broad spectrum of interests.
- Scanlan Ambassadors
- Student Council
- Choir (Liturgy)
- Global Trotters - Tutoring in Global History I & II
- Zumba Club
- SASA - Scanlan’s Alumni Student Assistance
- Health and Wellness Club
- International Culture Club
- National Hispanic Institute
- Knitting for Others
- The National Honor Society
- National English Honor Society
- Mu Alpha Theta (Math)
- National Science Honor Society
- Rho Kappa (Social Studies)
- Honorable Dominic Massaro NY State Supreme Court Justice 
- Anne Gregory O'Connell top rebounder in women's NCAA college hoops history with 1,999 rebounds Pre-NCAA record still stands today.
- Sean O'Conner Mercy College- Head Coach Men's Basketball
- Patrick Lynch NYCPBA President, Patrolmen's Benevolent Association
- Mike Nagy Former MLB Player- Boston Red Sox, St. Louis Cardinals, Texas Rangers, and Houston Astros
- Louie Vega, International DJ, producer, artist
- MSA-CSS. "MSA-Commission on Secondary Schools". Retrieved 2009-05-27.
- MSHS. "History of Monsignor Scanlan High School". Monsignor Scanlan High School website. Retrieved 2007-08-01.
- "Judicial Directory". New York State Unified Court System. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- Bondy, Filip (2009-12-05). "Black Friday deals for Target, H&M, Forever21, Old Navy, Radio Shack and more". Daily News (New York).