Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Abi Varghese|
|Produced by||Thampy Antony|
|Music by||Jakes Bejoy|
|Edited by||Don Max|
|Distributed by||Central Pictures|
|January 15, 2016|
Monsoon Mangoes is a 2016 Malayalam comedy film written and directed by Abi Varghese. The film stars Fahadh Faasil in the lead, with Iswarya Menon, Vinay Forrt, and Vijay Raaz in supporting roles. The movie was produced by Thampy Antony. The film was released on January 15, 2016.
In a sleepy suburb of New Orleans, D.P 'David' Pallikkal, an ambitious young man in his early 30s, wishes to be a film director. He attempts to make a film named Monsoon Mangoes after producing some unsuccessful short films. For this venture David ropes in an old Bollywood actor who was a hero in a few films, who now lives to make ends meet. His attempts to create a The Seventh Seal sort of art film result in failure. He returns to a regular job. He finally attempts to re-edit the film with clippings from the lead actor's personal items. He tries to re-invent the actor's own life experience and stories for his Monsoon Mangoes. For this he uses a clip which he recorded before the actor's death as the centerpiece and material from his original film. The clip is a monologue of the actor expressing, "Cinema is not above a life and there are three types of people. Firstly, those who consider having a job and family is everything. Secondly, those find what they do is not enough and expands there horizons and makes contributions to the society and thirdly there are people who tries to expand there horizons and fails, but pursue them and fall in the journey before reaching the destination." David orchestrates a public viewing for his film and a lot of people attend and appreciates it. This makes David happy in realizing his dream.
- Fahadh Faasil as D.P 'David' Pallikkal
- Vijay Raaz as Prem Kumar
- Vinay Forrt as Miguel
- Tovino Thomas as Sanjay
- Nandhu as D. Paulose
- Sanju Sivram as Koshy
- Iswarya Menon as Rekha
- Alencier Ley Lopez as Bombay Pathrose
- Thampy Antony as Shashankan Mutholi
- Josukutty as David's uncle
- Sajini Sachariah as David's mother
- Nick Blady as Carlos
- Beatrice Bindu
The songs composed by Jakes Bejoy were released by Muzik 247 on January 6, 2016. There are four tracks on the soundtrack album, sung by Shreya Ghoshal, Vijay Yesudas, Rakesh Kishore, Jakes Bejoy, Udith, Muhammed Aslam, Jagdish, Abhishek, Mame Khan, and The Elfa Choir. The lyrics were penned by Jelu Jayaraj, Manoj Kuroor, and Raqeeb Alam.
|1||"Mangoes"||Jelu Jayaraj||Rakesh Kishore, Jakes Bejoy, Udith|
|2||"Rosie"||Manoj Kuroor||Shreya Ghoshal, Jakes Bejoy|
|3||"Asha"||Raqeeb Alam||Jagdish, Muhammed Aslam|
|4||"Naadinu"||Manoj Kuroor||Vijay Yesudas, The Elfa Choir|
|5||"Beete Din"||Raqeeb Alam||Abhishek Iyer, Mame Khan|
- "'Njan D P Pallikkal' changed to 'Monsoon Mangoes'". 20 July 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Iswarya Menon heroine of Fahadh movie Monsoon Mangoes". 17 July 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- Anu James (16 January 2016). "Fahadh Faasil's Monsoon Mangoes review: Live audience updates". International Business Times. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "'Bourbon Street' changed to 'Njan D P Pallikkal'". 11 June 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- Anu James (January 8, 2016). "Listen to songs of Fahadh Faasil starrer Monsoon Mangoes [AUDIO]". International Business Times. Retrieved 1 February 2016.