Monster Allergy (TV series)
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Suspected long term vandalism, especially regarding broadcast networks. Many IPs that edit this article have been edited from the same IP range that have vandalize other articles. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article may be in need of reorganization to comply with Wikipedia's layout guidelines. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Genre||Action, Adventure, Animation, Comedy|
|Created by||Katja Centomo
|Written by||Francesco Artibani
|Directed by||Iginio Straffi|
|Creative director(s)||Marco Storani
|Voices of||(Zick, Elena, Bombo and Timothy-Moth)
Monica Ward (Both Zick and Elena)
Michel Elias (Both Bombo and Timothy-Moth)
(English version produced for Rainbow S.p.A.)
(U.S. English dub)
|Country of origin||Italy
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Joanne Lee (Rainbow S.p.A.)
Philippe Delarue (Futurikon)
Annita Romanelli (Rai)
Natalie Altmann (M6)
Nicole Keeb (ZDF)
|Running time||Approximately 30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Rainbow S.p.A.
|Original network||Rai 2 (Italy)
RTL II, ZDF (Germany)
Antena 3, Disney Channel and Clan TVE (Spain)
BBC One, BBC Two, CBBC and Cartoon Network (United Kingdom)
Disney XD (Australia)
Disney Channel & Hungama TV (India)
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Audio format||Stereophonic Sound|
|First shown in||Italy|
|Original release||2005 – 2009|
Monster Allergy is a 2005 animated television series, jointly produced by Rainbow S.p.A., Futurikon, Rai Fiction and ZDF. It was broadcasting on Rai 2 in Italy, on ZDF in Germany, on M6 in France, on Antena 3 (during Megatrix), Disney Channel & Clan TVE in Spain and on BBC in the UK.
Monster Allergy is based on the comic book series of the same name. The series follows 12-year-old Ezekiel Zick (called Zick) who suffers from various allergies and has the ability to see the invisible monsters that live among us. Along with help of his best friend, Elena Potato and his talking cat, Timothy, Zick hopes to hone his powers to one day become a Monster Tamer just like his dad, Zobedja Zick.
The Tamers are beings with special powers; their main characteristic is The Dom, an energy that is passed from parent to child. With the passing of the generations, powers and knowledge are passed on which lead to real dynasties of Monster Tamers.
The five Dom powers are:
- Sight Dom - the ability to see monsters and ghosts invisible to ordinary people.
- Voice Dom - the ability of Tamers to force monsters and phantoms to do what they say.
- Gesture Dom - the power to control monsters by gesture, and to capture them in a DomBox.
- Enviro Dom - the ability to create an environment to be able to survive in an unfamiliar environment, and which also functions as a force field.
- Energy Dom - the ability to release an energy ray that affects monsters, dark phantoms and even ordinary things, but not witches.
The Dom Items are valuable items that are given by the Tutors to experienced Tamers.
- Universal DomBox - A gun-like container used by Tamers, it can capture any monster and multiple ones. Upon the monster's capture, the DomBox specifies the name, species, danger level, and status of the monster. However, this DomBox can only contain a monster for two hours, then it must be transferred to its specific DomBox or else the monster will escape. While the Universal DomBox can capture Dark Phantoms it will dissolve them rather than trapping them, since they are untrappable. It also have the ability to analyze any liquid substance that it's invisible to the naked eye.
- Zick's Sunglasses - This item is a gift from Elena to Zick. At first, it was used to help cover Zick's eyes when they turn red, but it helps him intensify his power for the Energy Dom.
- Dom Glove - This item will improve the power levels of a Tamer by capturing every four monsters by giving the Gems of Power. The Red Gem is the basic first level, while Yellow Gem is at second level. At the third level, earning the Green Gem has the ability disintegrate Dark Phantoms, and while the fourth level is the Blue Gem. It is unknown to how to earn the White Gem, the fifth and final level although since Zick can earn a new gem by collecting 4 monsters in theory to earn the White gem Zick has to capture 20 monsters.
- Regular DomBox - special boxes used to hold a captured monster. There are different types of DomBoxes for each monster.
- Tele-skates - These items will be earned along with the Green Gem. They have the ability to allow the carrier to teleport anywhere to its destination of their choosing. It can also be upgraded to teleport along with someone else.
- Dom Staff - This Dom weapon amplifies the Tamer's Energy Dom by firing a strong ray beam through the staff .
- Hypno-Disk - This device is used to erase and alter peoples memories if they see too much, and threaten to reveal the secrets of the world of monsters.
- Crystallizator - This device is mainly used for freezing monsters when no Dombox is available. It has a dial to adjust the ray's temperature.
- Radio-Worm - An anti-escape wristband. This tracking device makes a loud screech when the monster tries to remove it.
- Disco-Monster - A gun-like device that forces a monster to dance. This makes a monster exhausted so it can be captured easily.
- Densifier - This item can alter the body of a person by adjusting it to allow the body pass through any attack, walls and objective. It can also make the user body too heavy or can be use to weaken a monsters power. It's also has to ability to make the user look like a Dark Phantom.
- Scepter Dom (ZetaDom Stick) - A wand with the ability to control monsters at will. It's considered to be the strongest Dom weapon. However, if the scepter is used too much, it becomes uncontrollable and the user becomes a small monster as a side effect.
|Season||Number of episodes||First Airdate||Last Airdate|
|Season 1||26||September 23, 2006||February 5, 2007|
|Season 2||26||December 27, 2008||August 18, 2009|
In the United States, the series premiered on 23 September 2006 on Kids' WB television block broadcast on the affiliates of then-newly formed The CW network. It was shown with a separate English dub produced in the U.S.. in Canada it aired on YTV. However Netflix uses the Rainbow S.p.A. English dub for the series on Netflix in the U.S.
With the exception of the aforementioned case in the United States, most broadcasters purchased the English version, which was produced for Rainbow S.p.A., for English language broadcasts. The Show was aired In The United Kingdom On BBC One reruns on BBC Two then reruns On CBBC and then reran on the Cartoon Network Being based on the comic series published by Disney in most countries, Monster Allergy is broadcast on Disney Channel (and/or its sister channels) in pay television market in most countries, with exceptions being the aforementioned Kids' WB In the United States, Nickelodeon in the Netherlands and Flanders, and Ajyal in MENA region.
- Monster Allergy at fantasymagazine.it
- Monster Allergy on Toonarific.com
- Monster Allergy summary in motionpic.com
- See Season 1, Episode 1: "House of Monster"
- See Season 1, Episode 9: "Canned Monsters"
- See Season 1, Episode 2: "Monster Pod Under Oldmill"
- See Season 1, Episode 4: "The Monster Next Door"
- See Season 1, Episode 8: "Terror in the Deep"
- See Season 1, Episode 3: "Cat in the Pot"
- See Season 1, Episode 5: "The Pyramid of Invulnerable"
- See Season 1, Episode 13: "Mugalak!"
- See Season 1, Episode 7: "Pirates Hideout"
- See Season 1, Episode 17: "The Return of Magnacat"
- See Season 2, Episode 32: "The Fall of Barrymore House"
- See Season 2, Episode 33: "Moog's Revenge"
- See Season 2, Episode 18: "The General Inspector"
- See Season 2, Episode 40: "The Invisible Enemy"
- See Season 1, Episode 22: "The Secret Door"
- See Season 2, Episode 29: "The Dragon's Awakening"
- See Season 2, Episode 35: "The Snowman"
- See Season 2, Episode 36: "The Island Rebels"
- See Season 2, Episode 38: "Sinistro's Circus"
- See Season 2, Episode 39: "The Tamers' Tournament"
- See Season 2, Episode 51: "The House in the Swamp"
- See Season 2, Episode 52: "The Hundred and First Door"
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Monster Allergy (TV series)|