Monsters and Critics
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Owner||Monsters and Critics|
|Created by||James Wray and Ulf Stabe|
|Revenue||Monthly Revenue: $46,560 (2010)|
|Alexa rank||27,953 (December 2018)|
Monsters and Critics (M&C) is a news blog founded in 2003. It features celebrity and entertainment news, reviews and coverage of subjects related to the arts, health and wellness, literature, lifestyle, tech, travel, fashion, beauty, food, spirits, wine and automobiles.
Monsters and Critics was founded in 2003 by James Wray and Ulf Stabe, who co-own its management company, WOTR Limited. April Neale (TCA - Television Critics Association, BTJA - Broadcast Television Journalists Association member) is the managing editor and editor of Television, Lifestyle, Food, Travel and the Arts. Kieran MacIntyre is the Comics, Graphic Novels and Music editor. In addition to the English version, the group added a German language edition in 2006.
In January 2010, Protrackr.com estimated the website's potential worth at $3,911,040, its daily ad revenue at $1,552, and its monthly revenue at $46,560, with approximately 343,331 visitors per day, and 1,201,658 page views per day. It has been quoted in numerous newspapers and outlets including The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and BBC News.
Monsters and Critics features several additional sites, notably Autosaur.com, The Viral Hub and also has a German language site plus technology-focused spin-off, The Tech Herald which publishes news, investigative reporting and reviews.
- "Monstersandcritics.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2018-12-15.
- "Monsters and Critics Team". Monsters and Critics. Monsters and Critics. Archived from the original on 2008-12-30. Retrieved January 6, 2009.
- "About Monsters and Critics". Monsters and Critics. Monsters and Critics. December 7, 2006. Archived from the original on 2010-01-03. Retrieved January 6, 2010.
- "monstersandcritics.com Site Information and Statistics". Protrackr.com. Retrieved January 6, 2010.
- Cowles, Gregory (October 16, 2008). "The Plot Thins". The New York Times. Retrieved April 20, 2014.
- de Turenne, Veronique (March 11, 2008). "Today in Britney: piecing together the story". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 20, 2014.
- Russell, Jamie (September 21, 2004). "High Noon - 21st September 2004". BBC News. Retrieved April 20, 2014.
- "Car Games". autosaur.com.
- "XPRNC". XPRNC.
- Jochen Neitsch. "Monsters and Critics". Monsters and Critics.
- "About The Tech Herald". The Tech Herald. Monsters and Critics. February 5, 2008. Archived from the original on 2010-01-06. Retrieved January 6, 2010.
- Official website
- 4 Out of 5: April MacIntyre (Neale) on Los Angeles
- That Was Quick: NBC Cancels The Playboy Club Before We Had A Chance To Mock It
- ‘Soul Food Junkies’ Dick Gregory talks diet and life changes
- Best of TCA: Monsters and Critics Managing Editor April Neale
- When You Thought You Knew Everything About Fillers
- 'American Horror Story' non-stop homage to horror films past
- Rutten on FX “Lights Out”