Monsters at Work
|Monsters at Work|
|Created by||Pete Docter|
|Developed by||Bobs Gannaway|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Production company(s)||Disney Television Animation|
Pixar Animation Studios
ICON Creative Studio
|Distributor||Disney Media Distribution|
|Original release||Early 2021|
Monsters at Work is an upcoming American Computer Animated web television series. It is a spin off of the Monsters, Inc. franchise, as well as a direct sequel to Monsters, Inc. (2001). It is the third television series based on properties by Pixar, after Buzz Lightyear of Star Command and Forky Asks a Question; as well as making Monsters, Inc. the second Pixar franchise to spawn its own series.
Not long after the events of Monsters, Inc., the city of Monstropolis is making the transition to be fuelled by the sound of laughter. Tylor Tuskmon, a recent graduate of Scare Major from Monsters University, working as a mechanic in the Facilities Team, dreams of working alongside his idols, Mike Wazowski and James P. “Sulley” Sullivan.
Cast and characters
- John Goodman as James P. “Sulley” Sullivan: The CEO of Monsters, Inc.
- Billy Crystal as Mike Wazowski: The business partner and best friend of Sulley.
- John Ratzenberger as Yeti: A monster who was previously exiled to the Himalayas.
- Ratzenberger also voices Bernard.
- Jennifer Tilly as Celia Mae: The one eyed and snake haired girlfriend of Mike.
- Bob Peterson as Roz: The Leader of the CDA (Child Detection Agency) who previously was undercover as a secretary, at Monsters at Work.
- Peterson also voices Roze, Roz's twin sister.
- Ben Feldman as Tylor Tuskmon: A mechanic on the Monsters, Inc. Facilities Team.
- Kelly Marie Tran as Val Little: Tylor's best friend.
- Henry Winkler as Fritz: Tylor's boss.
- Lucas Neff as Duncan: A plumber who takes advantage of any opportunity he can seize on.
- Alanna Ubach as Cutter
- Stephen Stanton as Smitty and Needleman: Two workers of Monsters, Inc. that operate the Door Shredder. Originally voiced in the film by the late Dan Gerson.
- Aisha Tyler as Millie Tuskmon: Tylor's mother.
- Reginald Ballard as the Security
During The Walt Disney Company's earnings call, in November 2017, CEO Bob Iger announced that a new series set in the universe of Monsters, Inc., was in development for their planned streaming service Disney+. The series will be produced by Disney Television Animation. 
During the 2019 D23 Expo, Gannaway and producer Ferrell Barron revealed that workers from Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar were also involved in the series, a collaboration Gannaway described as “unique and special”. Monsters Inc. filmmakers, including director and Pixar's chief creative officer Pete Docter, provided the team with both used and unused concept art from the film, with the unused concept art being recycled for the series.
Casting and recording
John Goodman and Billy Crystal are confirmed to reprise their roles for the series alongside John Ratzenberger, Jennifer Tilly, and Bob Peterson, with the new cast including Ben Feldman, Kelly Marie Tran, Henry Winkler, Lucas Neff, Alanna Ubach, Stephen Stanton and Aisha Tyler. In February 2020, director Stephen J. Anderson revealed that recording for the series has already began.
- 26. Baby: Secret Of The Lost Legend w/ Stephen Anderson
- Disney reveals plan for new Star Wars trilogy and live-action TV series
- Lang, Jamie (June 11, 2019). "Annecy: Disney Reveals 'Chip 'n' Dale' Reboot, 'Monsters at Work' Details, and More". Variety. Retrieved May 7, 2020.
- Disney + "Monsters at Work" Presentation at D23 Expo
- 'Monsters, Inc.' Voice Cast to Return for Disney+ Series (Exclusive)