Mont Albert North, Victoria
|Mont Albert North|
|Population||5,503 (2016 census)|
|• Density||2,500/km2 ( 6,480/sq mi)|
|Area||2.2 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|Location||13 km (8 mi) from Melbourne|
|LGA(s)||City of Whitehorse|
|State electorate(s)||Box Hill|
Mont Albert North is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 13 km east of Melbourne's Central Business District. Its local government area is the City of Whitehorse. At the 2016 Census, Mont Albert North had a population of 5,503.
The northern border or the suburb is the Eastern Freeway and the southern border is Kenmare Street, while Elgar Road constitutes the boundary in the east. The western boundary is a series of back streets running close to Union Road. This boundary follows the municipal boundary with the City of Boroondara.
The area was originally called Mont Albert North. It was then renamed Box Hill North, then subsequently renamed back to Mont Albert North.
Mont Albert North Post Office opened on 1 July 1957 and closed in 1993.
The milk bar
One of the famous sites in Mont Albert North has been the milk bar, located on the corner of Access Road and Arcade Road. For many years this has been the meeting place of many young adults within the area and it continues to be an iconic part of Mont Albert North. In mid-2008 the popular soap opera Neighbours was filmed at the milk bar, with it being a great event for the local community.
- Koonung Secondary College on Elgar and Cairo Roads, established in 1966
- Box Hill Senior Secondary College (formerly Box Hill Technical School)
- City of Box Hill - the former local government area of which Mont Albert North was a part
- "2016 Census QuickStats Mont Albert North". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2008
|This article about a place in Melbourne is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|