Montagnard Foundation, Inc.
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Montagnard Foundation, Inc. (Vietnamese: Tổ chức Quỹ người Thượng) is an anti-communist organization that claims to protect the rights of the Montagnard people. It is a non-profit organization, founded in 1990 and based in South Carolina in the United States, that has spoken out against Vietnam's polices that affect the Montagnard people. During the Vietnam War it is estimated that some 40,000 Montagnards served with the US military as scouts, interpreters and soldiers. The foundation claims that over 200,000 Montagnards perished during the conflict .
The Montagnard Foundation is led by exiled leader Kok Ksor who is a member of Transnational Radical Party and has brought the alleged persecution of the Montagnard people to the platform of the Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organisation. The Foundation says that its goal is to protect the rights, preserve the lives and the culture of the Montagnard people through nonviolent means and not in an independent state.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2013)
- Nationalist Party of Greater Vietnam
- Vietnamese Constitutional Monarchist League
- People's Action Party of Vietnam
- Government of Free Vietnam
- Viet Tan
- Khmers Kampuchea-Krom Federation
- Sidney Jones, Malcolm Smart, Joe Saunders, HRW. (2002). Repression of Montagnards: Conflicts Over Land and Religion in Vietnam's Central Highlands, Human Rights Watch. ISBN 1-56432-272-6.
- United States Congress. Senate. Committee on Foreign. (1998). The Plight of the Montagnards: Hearing Before the Committee on Foreign Relations, United States Relations, Original from the Library of Congress.
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights and fundamental freedoms of indigenous people by Rodolfo Stavenhagen for United Nations Commission on Human Rights 6 March 2002. Submitted pursuant to Commission resolution 2001/57 Addendum. Selected summaries of communications examined by the Special Rapporteur in 2001/2002
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Montagnard Foundation, Inc..|
- The Degar Foundation, Inc.
- Save The Montagnard People, a website dedicated to aiding Degar refugees and their descendants in the United States, primarily supported by American Vietnam veterans
- Repression of Montagnards: Conflicts over Land and Religion in Vietnam's Central Highlands by Human Rights Watch April 2002
- Montagnards Face Religious, Political Persecution by Human Rights Watch June 2006