He was the second son of James Browne, 2nd Baron Kilmaine. He began his ecclesiastical career with a curacy at Christ Church Cathedral, Waterford. After that he was Rector of Shanrahan then Clonmel.
He married Catherine Penelope de Montmorency, daughter of Lodge Evans de Montmorency, 1st Viscount Frankfort de Montmorency. Their fourth child and second daughter, Augusta, married Lieutenant-General Arthur Cavendish-Bentinck and was the first Baroness Bolsover.
- “Multiple News Items” Berrow's Worcester Journal (Worcester, England), Saturday, December 06, 1884; pg. 4; Issue 9973
- Fasti Ecclesiae Hibernicae: The succession of the prelates and members..., Volume 1. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- “IRELAND” The Morning Chronicle (London, England), Thursday, December 12, 1850; Issue 26218
- Fryde, E. B.; Greenway, D. E.; Porter, S.; Roy, I. (1986). Handbook of British Chronology (3rd ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. p. 391. ISBN 0-521-56350-X.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 1929-30 London: Oxford University Press, 1929 p 763
Thomas Stewart Townsend
|Dean of Lismore