Secretary of State of Montana
(Redirected from Montana Secretary of State)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The current Secretary of State is Corey Stapleton.
The Secretary of State's Office is composed of five divisions:
- The Administrative Rules Services Division is the administrative law arm of the Secretary's office, filing rule notices, rule adoptions, and interpretations, and publishing the state register twice a month. The state's code of regulations, the Administrative Rules of Montana, is updated quarterly.
- The Business Services Division registers business entities, trademarks, assumed business names, and liens made under the Uniform Commercial Code and Federal Food Security Act.
- The Certification and Notaries Division licenses and trains notaries public and certifies documents.
- The Elections and Government Services division administers elections and voter registration. Campaign finance and lobbying is regulated by a separate agency, the Commissioner of Political Practices.
- The Records Management Bureau maintains the records of state and local governments.
- About the Montana Secretary of State
- Fraser, Jayme (2017-01-04). "Montana fails to retain decades of emails despite open government law". Missoulian. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
|This Montana-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|