Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Country of origin||Italy|
|Source of milk||Cow's milk|
|Aging time||Minimum of two months|
|Related media on Wikimedia Commons|
It was awarded a (PDO) protected designation of origin in 1986.
- Made from cow's milk
- Country of origin: Italy
- Region: Friuli Venezia Giulia and Veneto
- Alternative spellings: Montasio Fresco
- Type: semi-hard. Versions aged longer develop a harder texture.
- Fat content: 32%
- Texture: creamy and open
- Rind: natural
- Color: pale yellow to gold, depending on age
- Glover, Cynthia (October 2004). Italy's Other Great Cuisines. Vegetarian Times. p. 63.
- Fletcher, Janet. Cheese & Wine: A Guide to Selecting, Pairing, and Enjoying. p. 90.
|This Italian cuisine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|