Monte Vista High School (Danville, California)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Monte Vista High School|
3131 Stone Valley Road
|School district||San Ramon Valley Unified School District|
|Teaching staff||101.61 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||24.09|
|Color(s)||Red and black|
|Athletics conference||East Bay Athletic League|
Monte Vista High School is a comprehensive public high school located in Danville, California, United States. It is a National Blue Ribbon school, as well as a California Distinguished School. It is fully WASC accredited. The school is located in the San Ramon Valley, approximately 35 miles east of San Francisco, and is part of the San Ramon Valley Unified School District. Its rival is San Ramon Valley High School.
The school is fully WASC accredited and offers college preparatory courses that are University of California A-G certified. In 2014, the school offered 23 Advanced Placement courses and 7 honors courses. The school also offers courses through the California Association of Regional Occupational Centers and Programs.
The Monte Vista Mustangs compete in the East Bay Athletic League (EBAL) of the CIF North Coast Section (NCS). They won the CIF championships in boys' basketball (2014) and girls' swimming (2017).
This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability policy. (May 2019)
- Mark Appel, baseball pitcher
- David Brevik, video game designer/programmer
- Leroy Chiao, astronaut
- Mike Crudale, pro baseball player
- Taylor Dent, tennis player
- Zach Ertz, NFL tight end
- Nate Landman, college football linebacker
- Tim Kang, actor
- George Komsky, opera singer and songwriter
- Jeff Lockie, football player
- Casey Merrill, NFL defensive end
- Bob Myers, professional basketball general manager
- Judah Miller, comedy writer
- Murray Miller, comedy writer
- John Patitucci, jazz musician
- Chuck Prophet, musician
- Gar Ryness, 'Batting Stance Guy' 
- Adam Schiff, Member of US House of Representatives from California's 28th district
- Greg Sestero, actor and author
- Jessica Steffens, Olympic women's water polo
- Maggie Steffens, Olympic women's water polo
- Christy Turlington, model
- Bree Turner, actress
- Nicholas Vasallo, composer
- Joey Wagman, American-Israeli baseball player
- Ryan Whalen, NFL wide receiver
- Kevin Woo, K-pop
- Kyle Wright, football quarterback
- David Zuckerman, television producer
- "Monte Vista High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved May 16, 2020.
- "GNIS Detail - Monte Vista High School". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. 19 January 1981. Retrieved 20 March 2010.
- "Monte Vista High School Profile - Danville, California (CA)". www.publicschoolreview.com. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- Monte Vista High School Archived 2011-07-27 at the Wayback Machine
- "2013-14 School Profile" (PDF). Monte Vista High School.
- "Monte Vista boys win state basketball championship". East Bay Times. 28 March 2014. Retrieved 21 June 2018.
- "Monte Vista Secures 2017 California High School Swimming Girls State Championship By 1.5 Points". Swimming World News. 2017-05-20. Retrieved 2019-09-06.
- "Kiev: Hero City of the Ukraine". aliveeastbay.com. Retrieved 2020-04-21.
- Pine, Dan (20 October 2006). "East Bay festival presents comedy-writing brothers". The Jewish News of Northern California. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- Who's Who - Christy Turlington Archived 2007-10-11 at the Wayback Machine. Vogue.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-02-15.
- U-KISS official website U-KISS Korea.