Montenegro in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013
|Eurovision Song Contest 2013|
|Selection process||Internal Selection|
Artist: 20 December 2012|
Song: 14 March 2013
|Selected entrant||Who See|
|Semi-final result||Failed to qualify (12th, 41 points)|
|Montenegro in the Eurovision Song Contest|
Montenegro participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö, Sweden. The Montenegrin entry was selected through an internal selection, organised by the Montenegrin broadcaster RTCG. Who See represented Montenegro with the song "Igranka", which failed to qualify from the first semi-final of the contest, placing 12th and scoring 41 points, their second best result in the history of Montenegro taking part in Eurovision at the time, and Montenegro's fourth best result to date.
On 14 December 2012, RTCG confirmed that they would apply to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest and that they would announce the artist that would represent the nation within the following days. On 20 December 2012, RTCG announced that hip-hop duo Who See would represent Montenegro. On 1 February 2013, it was announced that Nina Žižić would be joining Who See as a backing vocalist and that Serbian musician Wikluh Sky would produce the song.
On 12 February, RTCG announced that Who See would perform the dubstep song "Igranka" at Eurovision. The music video, directed by Zoran Markovic - Zonja, was filmed in Podgorica and was presented in a song presentation program on 14 March 2013.
Montenegro was allocated to compete in the first semi-final on 14 May for a place in the final on 18 May. In the first semifinal, the producers of the show decided that Montenegro would perform 9th, following the Netherlands and preceding Lithuania. This was the first time since 2007 that Montenegro was not drawn to open the semifinal during their participation. The Montenegrin performance featured the members of Who See dressed as astronauts, while backing vocalist Nina Žižić was dressed like a cyborg.
Points awarded to Montenegro
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
Points awarded by Montenegro
Points awarded in first semi-final:
Points awarded in the final:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Montenegro in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013.|
- Leon, Jakov (14 May 2013). "We have our first ten finalists!". Eurovision.tv. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Who See „Igranka" na Eurosongu u Malmeu". RTCG (in Montenegrin). 12 February 2013.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Semi-Final (1)". Eurovision.tv. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- Juhász, Ervin (14 December 2012). "Montenegro: Artist announcement in the next few days". ESCXtra. Archived from the original on 28 March 2014.
- Siim, Jarmo (20 December 2012). "Who See to represent Montenegro in Malmö". Eurovision.tv.
- "Who See sa Ninom Žižić na Eurosongu". RTCG (in Montenegrin). 1 February 2013.
- Leon, Jakov (14 March 2013). "Who See's party just begun!". Eurovision.tv.
- Siim, Jarmo (17 January 2013). "Draw results: Who's in which Semi-Final?". Eurovision.tv.
- Siim, Jarmo (28 March 2013). "Eurovision 2013: Semi-Final running order revealed". Eurovision.tv.
- Leon, Jakov (7 May 2013). "Igranka hits the Eurovision dancefloor". Eurovision.tv.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2013 Grand Final". Eurovision.tv. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.