Jump to navigation Jump to search
|• Total||8.1 km2 (3.1 sq mi)|
|• Land||7.3 km2 (2.8 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.8 km2 (0.3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||17 m (55 ft)|
|• Density||59.8/km2 (155/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CST)|
The community is located near the junction of Louisiana Highways 129 and 565 in west central Concordia Parish, southwest of Ferriday. It is also part of the Natchez, MS–LA Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- Eugene P. Campbell (1870–1940), longest-serving sheriff of Concordia Parish
- Noah W. Cross (1908–1976), Concordia Parish sheriff convicted of perjury
- Shelby M. Jackson (1903–1972), Louisiana superintendent of education, 1948 to 1964
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Monterey CDP, Louisiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- "Place Names". Concord Parish, LAGenWeb. Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- Zip Code Lookup
|This Louisiana state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|