Jump to navigation Jump to search
Looking towards the Montferland hills
Location in Gelderland
|Established||1 January 2005|
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Peter de Baat (VVD)|
|• Total||106.63 km2 (41.17 sq mi)|
|• Land||105.68 km2 (40.80 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.95 km2 (0.37 sq mi)|
|Elevation||13 m (43 ft)|
|• Density||336/km2 (870/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Area code||0314, 0316|
Formerly part of Bergh municipality:
Formerly part of Didam municipality:
Huis Bergh castle in
- Willem IV van den Bergh (1537 in 's-Heerenberg – 1586) Stadtholder of Guelders and Zutphen
- Herman van den Bergh (1558 in 's-Heerenberg – 1611) a Dutch soldier in the Eighty Years' War
- Mechteld ten Ham (died 25 July 1605) an alleged Dutch witch in the city of 's-Heerenberg
- Everard Ter Laak (1868 in Didam - 1931) a Dutch Roman Catholic missionary in China
- Jozef Rulof (1898 in 's-Heerenberg – 1952) a Dutch author and psychic and trance medium or spirit medium
- Jos Som (born 1951 in Didam) a Dutch politician deputy Mayor of Didam
- Ernie Brandts (born 1956 in Nieuw-Dijk) a Dutch football manager and former player with 452 club caps
- Geert-Jan Derksen (born 1975 in Didam) a Dutch rower, silver medallist at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- "Gemeentelijke indeling op 1 januari 2005" [Municipal divisions on 1 January 2005]. cbs.nl (in Dutch). CBS. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- "Samenstelling college" [Members of the board] (in Dutch). Gemeente Montferland. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 6942GK". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|