Montgomery High School, Blackpool
|Executive Principal||Mr Sean Bullen|
|Principal||Mr Stephen Careless|
|Founder||Field Marshal Montgomery|
|Location||All Hallows Road
|DfE URN||137973 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Colours||Maroon and gunpowder black|
In September 2005 it was notable for being awarded 'outstanding' assessments by Ofsted in the following key areas:
- How well does the school work in partnership with others to promote learners' well-being?
- How good is the overall personal development and well-being of the learners?
- How well do the curriculum and other activities meet the range of needs and interests of learners?
- How well are learners cared for, guided and supported?
Joan Humble and Stephen Twigg congratulated the school for its achievements in the House of Commons on 20 January 2005 and the school was then visited by the Secretary of State for Education Ruth Kelly.
Montgomery has been selected to take part in the Human Scale Schools project operating in collaboration with the Gulbenkian Foundation.
In 2003/4 the football team won the Harry Johnson Trophy (named after the former Blackpool player) with a 3-0 victory coming over neighbours Millfield. The team also took home the Lancashire Cup with a 3-1 victory in the final.
Stephanie Findlay played football for Blackpool Ladies whilst at the school and then was selected for the soccer roster at Webber International University in Florida, USA. It is very rare for someone to move from a UK school to a USA university on a sports scholarship.
2016 Gun Threat
In January 2016, the school's Facebook page received a threat from an alleged pupil of a gun incident on Monday, January 4, 2016. On 20 April 2016, Blackpool police extended the police bail of the only suspect in the threats for a further 5 weeks after the initial 15 weeks intensive investigation revealed nothing of substance. On 13 May 2016, Blackpool police issued a Notice of No Further Action to the man previously arrested in connection with the alleged threats purported to have been made against the school's pupils.
Notable former pupils
- "Montgomery High School - A Language College and Beacon School", Ofsted, September 2005
- "OFSTED annual report: the 'outstanding schools'", Times Educational Supplement, 7 February 2001
- Oral Answers to Questions — Education and Skills - Foreign Languages", Hansard
- "Education Minister Backs Headteacher' Policies On Discipline In Schools", Blackpool Gazette, 2 February 2005
- "Secondary Schools Project: Human Scale Schools", Human Scale Education, 2005
- "Cycling Project Fund", Department for Transport
- "2006-07 Women's Soccer Roster", WIU Warriors
- "Tune in for Hayley". Blackpool Gazette. 2007-01-05. Retrieved 2007-04-12.