Montgomery High School (San Diego)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Montgomery High School|
3250 Palm Avenue
|Motto||"We Are Manotas”|
|School district||Sweetwater Union High School District|
|Teaching staff||63.24 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||27.25|
|Color(s)||White Blue Red|
|Athletics conference||Metropolitan - Mesa League|
|Mascot||Cakey the Aztec|
|Rivals||Southwest Senior High School|
Castle Park High School
|Newspaper||La Voz Azteca (Spanish), Moctezuma (English)|
Montgomery High School (MOH) is a four-year (grade levels 9-12) public high school located in the city of San Diego, California. It opened in 1970 and is situated today in Otay Mesa. Montgomery High School serves more than 2,500 students and is named after pioneer aviator John J. Montgomery, who made the first manned glider flight in U.S. history from a hill in the area where the school is located.
In 1975, Tagalog class was first offered as a foreign language in California at Montgomery. Prior to a 1986 annexation claim, the school was originally located in the city of Chula Vista. The city boundary dispute was finalized in 2006 and Montgomery High School officially became located within San Diego city limits in July 2006.
- Wuv Bernardo, 1991 - Drummer for P.O.D
- Oscar Gutierrez, 1993 - Wrestler Rey Mysterio Jr
- William McLeroy, 1978 - Firefighter
- Sergio Mitre, 1999 - Professional Baseball Player
- Oscar Robles, 1994 - Professional Baseball Player
- Sonny Sandoval, 1991 - Singer for P.O.D
- Tony Walker, 1977 - Professional Baseball Player
- "Montgomery Senior High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 11, 2018.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Montgomery Senior High Ra". ed.gov. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- Lim, Ed (January 2010). "Filipino, Pilipino, Tagalog: Status of Filipino Classes in the U.S." (PDF). Language Training Center. San Diego State University. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|