Montgomery Township, Marion County, Ohio
|Montgomery Township, Marion County, Ohio|
Fields northwest of New Bloomington
Location of Montgomery Township in Marion County
|• Total||28.4 sq mi (73.6 km2)|
|• Land||28.4 sq mi (73.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||909 ft (277 m)|
|• Density||87.9/sq mi (33.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086581|
Montgomery Township is one of the fifteen townships of Marion County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,498 people in the township, 1,175 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Grand Township - north
- Salt Rock Township - northeast corner
- Big Island Township - east
- Bowling Green Township - south
- Dudley Township, Hardin County - west
- Goshen Township, Hardin County - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Marion County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.