Montgomery Township, Owen County, Indiana
Location in Owen County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||23.55 sq mi (61.0 km2)|
|• Land||23.46 sq mi (60.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.38%|
|Elevation||709 ft (216 m)|
|• Density||55.6/sq mi (21.5/km2)|
47433, 47460, 47868
|GNIS feature ID||453651|
Montgomery Township was founded in 1819.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 23.55 square miles (61.0 km2), of which 23.46 square miles (60.8 km2) (or 99.62%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.38%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Cloyd, Kaufman and Smith.
- Amazon Lake
- Spencer-Owen Community Schools
- State House District 46
- State Senate District 37
- "Montgomery Township, Owen County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 764.