Montgomery Township, Wood County, Ohio
|Montgomery Township, Wood County, Ohio|
Fields west of Risingsun
Location of Montgomery Township in Wood County
|• Total||36.4 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Land||36.4 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||692 ft (211 m)|
|• Density||120/sq mi (45/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087190|
Montgomery Township is one of the nineteen townships of Wood County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 4,230 people in the township, 1,752 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Freedom Township - north
- Madison Township, Sandusky County - northeast corner
- Scott Township, Sandusky County - east
- Jackson Township, Seneca County - southeast corner
- Perry Township - south
- Bloom Township - southwest corner
- Portage Township - west
- Center Township - northwest corner
Three villages are located in Montgomery Township:
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The Montgomery Township Hall is located on the corner of Mermill Road at Bradner Road.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Montgomery township, Wood County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Cities, Townships, & Villages". Wood County Government. Archived from the original on June 6, 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 2009-04-30.
- "Wood County Township Association - Montgomery". Wood County Township Association. Retrieved 2009-08-14.