From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||1,075 ft (328 m)|
|• Density||66/sq mi (106.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||722548|
A variant name was "Monteer". A post office called Monteer was established in 1889, and the spelling was changed to Montier in 1924. The community has the name of A. N. Montier, a railroad official.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-07-08.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Montier Census Designated Place
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Montier
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 25 December 2016.
- "Shannon County Place Names, 1928–1945". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on June 24, 2016. Retrieved December 25, 2016.
|This Shannon County, Missouri state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|